AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my highly modified SAR2 back. This has undergone extensive work . First by Jnewt and then Troy. It has a Romi receiver and a mix of Russian and Bulgie parts. All the parts were reserialed to match the real serial on the trunion. The selector markings were redone in Cyrilic. The rail was replaced with a later Russian type also. I believe this would be an acurate clone of the 90's era. The stock is a Tula rolled type (I think) . Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Beautiful Rifle and outstanding pics Dave!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a hugh compliment coming from you 3!!! :hail: I have a nice wood set, but cant find any pics of a mid to late 90s AKS 74 with the new type rail and wood. I was hoping someone could find a pic from Checnyia? THANKS!!

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rotdorn said:
pictures from Chechnya can be found here.. http://www.pbase.com/igor01/chechnya&page=1

Sweet rifle! I'm having dinner with Sellars and his wife this evening and picking up my M92!. WooHooo! :jiggy:
Troy is a truely an artist! I went to that web site and was able to see about 3 wood sidefolders, but couldnt tell if they had the new scope rail

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Very nice looking weapon!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
nice rifle...i dig that beat up looking mag!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crazychris said:
nice rifle...i dig that beat up looking mag!!
Thanks! Whats cool about the mag is that it is a Russian Ish Bakelite factory painted. All the stamps are over the black paint. I wish I could find more, it's my favorite mag.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have my SAR 2 with InRange right now. Where did you get the 74 brake from and front site housen. I would like to do that if it doesn't have me sell one of my children. WarDawg..

PS... nice rifle.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WarDawg said:
I have my SAR 2 with InRange right now. Where did you get the 74 brake from and front site housen. I would like to do that if it doesn't have me sell one of my children. WarDawg..

PS... nice rifle.
.Well, long story. Jnewt changed the barrel out and put a Bulgy one in. There has been extensive work done on it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
huey_crew_chief said:
WarDawg said:

PS... nice rifle.
.Well, long story. Jnewt changed the barrel out and put a Bulgy one in. There has been extensive work done on it.
OK it sounds like my little girls piggy bank ain't going to cover it then ... :sad: WD

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
huey_crew_chief said:
Tomovich said:
Gorgeous! Luv dat plum!
More than wood?
No.............just love dat plum! :goof:

I have a Izhevsk 1980 dated wood stocked folder now and I'm in the process of building a 1979 ALL WOOD 74 and a 1985 dated Izhevsk folder with plum like yours. and a 1986 ALL plum fixed stock Izhy. I love them all. I was just saying I love plum because that's what you picture was of. :smile:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I broke down and put the wood on it. I hope I can find a pic of areal one in Russian use that reflects mine. I may try to up date the pics :grin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts