AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snagged this Bulgarian Makarov for $293 shipped. Comes with 4 mags and an Uncle Mike's holster. I should have it in a day or so. Circle 10, 1987 date code. Can't wait to get it :mrgreen: Will post better pictures when I do.

ETA: What's the difference between Silver Bear and Brown Bear 9x18? Which would be better if they're both the same price?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Silver bear is the zinc case, brown bear is lacquer. I like the brown bear stuff, but either is fine. Nice Mak.

ETA - Is that pr0n in the back?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WarBaby said:
Silver bear is the zinc case, brown bear is lacquer. I like the brown bear stuff, but either is fine. Nice Mak.

ETA - Is that pr0n in the back?
:lol: Doesn't matter to me, that's not my computer. I wont have the Makarov til Friday. Those are the pictures the seller sent me. :razz:

Looks like iTunes...

But anyways, thanks for the compliments and info. I'll probably go with Brown Bear.

ETA: Just realized you guys were talking about the TV. That's funny stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAN this is hard waiting for it. I've wanted a Makarov for a while, and this looks like a nice one. I'll be using this pistol and my AKS74U SBR in the FDCC shoot (competition) at the end of this month.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Maybe if we ever go shooting, I'll bring my 2 Russian non-import PM's :cool: Had a third one, PW Arms import, but sold it to a fellow board member when I picked up the second non import :grin:

Excellent score though, show those fancy totin' AR boys how to shoot!!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hkinfl said:
Maybe if we ever go shooting, I'll bring my 2 Russian non-import PM's :cool: Had a third one, PW Arms import, but sold it to a fellow board member when I picked up the second non import :grin:

Excellent score though, show those fancy totin' AR boys how to shoot!!
Man I'd love to have a Russian one, even if it was an import. No interest in one of those IJ70s or whatever though. They're kinda ugly to me..

I REALLY wanna shoot your SVD, man! Maybe next time I'm in Ocala... :razz:

And yeah, last time I did better than a few of the guys with their HIGH END ARs with Aimpoints and such :oops:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the Mak was supposed to be in today..and it came..but the freakin' gun shop owner was not there ALL DAY. Drove by the shop twice and there was a FedEx tag hanging off his gate :evil: AND he's at the gun show all weekend so now I have to wait til Monday. So that $58 for overnight shipping was a great waste. :mad:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
you should check out A1 Guns & Ammo in Middleburg, he did 4 xfer's (ak receivers) for 25$

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heartbreakridge01 said:
you should check out A1 Guns & Ammo in Middleburg, he did 4 xfer's (ak receivers) for 25$
I love that shop. I was going to go with him but I didn't have his FFL on hand and forgot to get it when I went in the other day, so I just used HITW instead. Total should be $22 for the transfer.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
thats pretty cheap, im used to Jacksonville in town dealer xfer prices which are 50$ a pop. cheapest ive gotten from an in town dealer was 25$ per xfer and the only reason he did that was because i was having 2 receivers sent to them ( Green Acers) and i used to do alot of business with them. needless to say after i found A1 i dont shop any where else lol

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heartbreakridge01 said:
thats pretty cheap, im used to Jacksonville in town dealer xfer prices which are 50$ a pop. cheapest ive gotten from an in town dealer was 25$ per xfer and the only reason he did that was because i was having 2 receivers sent to them ( Green Acers) and i used to do alot of business with them. needless to say after i found A1 i dont shop any where else lol
Green Acres SUCKS sometimes. They want like $40-50 for their "super rare" East German AK74 mags.

Yeah, the owner of Hole-in-the-Wall charges 7% tax on the purchase (sucks for larger purchases) and $5 for the background check. A1 Guns is definitely better for buying guns though. They have an awesome selection most of the time, and Mitch is almost always willing to knock a little off the price. Did you see the Colt Commander he has? It was marked $740 and he said he'd knock it down to $690. I came SO CLOSE to trading in my Glock 23C and paying the difference..but I didnt want to spend the money. Ended up spending the same amount of money the same night on this Makarov :razz:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
LOL i had to tell the guy at green acres what those mags where, i first asked him what caliber they where and he was like .223 i was like na i dont think so, the ones with the black band are 223 and the ones that do not have the black band are 5,45. he was like no we tried to load up some 5,45 in them and they wouldnt fit!

i havent seen the colt he has up there at A1 but you wont regret that Makarov i love mine lol its pretty accurate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
nice MAK. i finally took mine out the other day. i was really suprised on how well they shoot and feel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
congrats :grin: I have an east german soon to be two :twisted:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts