AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share pics of my most recent purchase. I picked it up yesterday. I am a little ashamed to admit, but this is the first handgun I have ever bought! :shock:

I own plenty of rifles, but just never purchased a handgun. Other funny thing is I have had my handgun conceal carry permit for almost 10 years, yet still never picked up a handgun. Go figure…

Anyway, this is a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm (17 + 1 capacity). I ordered it online from www.budsgunshop.com.

$439 + $13.17 CC fee + $5 ship ins + $10 FFL = $467.17! I'm happy with that! :dance:

The cheapest with tax at the local gun stores was $567. ... I love the internet!

I needed a handgun in my collection regardless, but most of my motivation was from the fact that a shooting range in my area is starting to regularly offer tactical carbine shooting classes. A lot of the classes require a rifle and a handgun. Now that I have the handgun I can sign up. :grin:

I know absolutely nothing about holsters. Can anybody give me a link to a holster that would be appropriate for a shooting class? I also assume there are devices that hold spare mags. I would like that info too. Thx!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Is S&W still ofering the rebate and extra mags? When I bought mine I got a $50 rebate check and two extra factory mags. Check their website.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The Spring rebate is over, but they now have a summer rebate going on. With the M&P pistols, you can get either two free mags (that's what I'd go for) or a check for $35.

X, if you haven't already, get yourself a S&W rebate slip, fill it out, and send it in. You can get the slips from S&W or your local FFL. All S&W dealers should have the rebate slips.

EDIT, I stand corrected... it's $30, not $35...
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... tent=52302

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the rebate form sitting in front of me right now already filled out. I will mail out tomorrow. I am opting for the 2 free mags. Thx guys!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Congrats on that buy. Sounds like you found a deal.

Not to be a nay-sayer, but I've heard those things start to fall apart after 1000 rounds. Let me know how yours works out. I'm always in need of some non-gun dealer biased intel.

Looks sharp!

·
Registered
881 Posts
j_tudeski said:
Not to be a nay-sayer, but I've heard those things start to fall apart after 1000 rounds. Let me know how yours works out. I'm always in need of some non-gun dealer biased intel.
You should NEVER believe anything a gun dealer says. The M&P is proving itself to be extremely reliable and durable and to date over 300+ police departments have adopted the M&P. The M&P40 for instance has already proven itself (at least to me) to be far more reliable than the Glocks chambered in the same caliber. In addition the NMSP have ditched their G31s in favor of the M&P357 because they can take the abuse of the 357 SIG round. If the M&P40 and M&P357 are standing up to high round counts you can bet the M&P9 (same frame) will stand up to high round counts.

And yes ToddG's 50K round test is something to keep your eye on.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Eh, my buddies had 4 FTEs with WWB .40, No hiccups since hes been using Remington. Did it during IPSC, and it was an MP40c. :confused:

They really are nice guns, I love the Low-profile Novak sights.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
You chose................................................

..............................................wisely.

:thumbsup:

I actually enjoy my M&P 45 more than the 9mm, but they're both excellent pistols.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i have always kind of wanted to look into a mp .40 in fullsize... it has the rail, which my glock lacks cause its a subcompact. id like a rail. where, if you dont mind, did you buy it from? sounds like a good price.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
-x- said:
catsailer40 said:
i have always kind of wanted to look into a mp .40 in fullsize... it has the rail, which my glock lacks cause its a subcompact. id like a rail. where, if you dont mind, did you buy it from? sounds like a good price.

As I stated above, I purchased from www.budsgunshop.com.

They have the M&P 40 full size for same price, $439.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/38995
ahh, i missed it. i was messing around with my computer. it wont play call of duty 4 anymore :sad: gonna have to reformat.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would still like some assistance for my questions. I realize it was probably overlooked by the pics of the sexy handgun. :grin:

My orginal statement:

I know absolutely nothing about holsters. Can anybody give me a link to a holster that would be appropriate for a shooting class? I also assume there are devices that hold spare mags. I would like that info too. Thx!

Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. A good website link would help.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts