AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloW Guys. I am considering going with Arsenal folding stock for my first AK. I am willing to wait for a few months for the "right" one. Here is the specs.

SLR-107FR - Import, 7.62x39 caliber, stamped receiver, chrome lined hammer forged barrel, bayonet lug, 24mm muzzle brake, cleaning rod, accessory lug, black polymer furniture, Left-side folding polymer stock, stainless steel heat shield. Comes with one 10-round US made magazine, sling, oil bottle, cleaning kit, and scope rail.

• Variants
  • Black Polymer Furniture
  • Desert sand Polymer Furniture
Details
SKUSLR107-31
caliber:7.62 x 39 mm
total length:937 mm (36 7/8 in.)
folded length:695 mm (27 3/8 in.)
barrel length:415 mm (16 1/4 in.)
rifling:4 grooves
twist rate:1 in 240 mm (9.44 in.)
weight w/o magazine:3.31 kg (7.3 lbs.)
muzzle velocity:710 m/s (2,329 fps)
effective range:500 m (550 yds)
maximum range:1,350 m (1,480 yds)
rear sight range:800 m (875 yds)
I wanted to point out that I have a 9mm supressor that will handle AR15. I do not know if its worth trouble looking at adjustable gas block. I plan to shoot this gun and not just leave it in the safe. I also like the rail mount to side of receiver on arsenal, to put my eotech. I also want an AK with nice trigger without too much take up. It is a bit daunting getting my arms around all these AK's. My budget is $1000-$1300. I want to buy a solid AK the first time and not wish I bought something else for another two hundred bucks more. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
IF I were in your shoes, this is what I'd be buying for my first AK.
SAM7SF is in your budget.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. The SAM7SF seemed a bit over-engineered and am not sure how comfy that stock will be, but that ambi safety has got to be nice. Now I gotta go check one out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now for another

That Ak is a lot of fun to shoot! I ain't never going back to AR. Everything was great about the arsenal, but the trigger sucks IMO. I am just going to put a G2 trigger in it and call it done. I ran into a local gunsmith and he gave it high marks. He said to never put solvent on Arsenal cause it will take the finish off, and to not use oil but grease on the internals. I might add the takedown was a breeze to figure out. He also commented that the Chinese also makes very good AK and to look at Polytech and Norninco. I love classic wood furniture. I would not mind finding a used China one. I am just not sure where I can find one with matching parts like some of the SKS.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
SA M-7SF is definitely a keeper and a good investment. 107FR is more of a shooter.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
You got a great rifle for your first choice!

If you are a stickler for trigger feel, the Chinese had among the best factory trigger of any AK imported. My favorite shooter is a Norinco 84S-1 and it's trigger is almost too light, with absolutely no take-up, very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. The only problem with the 84S series is that it is a .223/5.56x45 and mags have gotten crazy expensive for them.

For you I would recommend the 56S (7.62x39) or one of the post-Bush1-ban MAK-90s which are virtually the same rifle that just need a little TLC to return them to what they should look like. Poly Techs are more expensive, but still have great triggers and are also a blast to shoot (pun intended)!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Word of logical advice. Buy the most collectable AK you can find and then selll it at the right time and get 2 for the one sold. 1300-will go a good ways to get a collectable. Done that and went from 3 to 28 AK's

·
Banned
950 Posts
Word of logical advice. Buy the most collectable AK you can find and then selll it at the right time and get 2 for the one sold. 1300-will go a good ways to get a collectable. Done that and went from 3 to 28 AK's

I will gladly trade you three AK's for twenty eight. Hell you can even pick which ones you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trying to ID my 2nd AK purchase:
Norinco MAK 90 Sporter
Ser93957XX
Symbol: Has an arrow with Norinco through it and an explosion
Hass imprted by ACC INT knoxville, TN

All serials match, really nice bolt. Finnish has blueing. No muzzle break or threaded barrel, blonde furniture.

Anyone know how old this is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts