AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picture of my first 2 builds. did the second one (Romy) in 7 hours including bending the flat and demilling the old parts.
I had a really nice unused kit for that and decided to try something different and only match the finish of the receiver. I used a Birchwood Kasey product called perma-blue. Its a gel you rub onto the metal and boy i tell you what it sure works nice. It acid etches itself into the metal somehow and turns it a nice Blue/black finish. Not sure how it will be for rust prevention but as long as it is oiled up it should be good enough.
also a super product for touch of of nicks and scratches. dab a little on the part and in 30 seconds it is blacked out.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
:hail:
nice work man...i'm hoping to get to build some kits once i move and can set up a little shop

·
Registered
133 Posts
Look good. You hooked yet? :grin:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, I just wanted to make a couple to shoot. had more fun building the tools as well. i bent up a spare receiver and will probably sell all my tools i made. I am lucky to have access to some great machines and made a real nice bending jig and a kickass trigger riveter.
Probably dump them both for 145$ plus shipping
My next project is to machine a FAL receiver from a blank.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
let me know what tools ya have when u decide to sell.....i may take em off your hands.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts