AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Good looking rifles! They're close enough and just as close as any other can be. "Clone" is a subjective term. There isn't a clone rifle project out there that's aesthetically/internally perfect or all-original, no matter how much money is invested into it.

Well done on those!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rayman1 said:
Good looking rifles! They're close enough. "Clone" is a subjective term. There isn't a clone rifle project out there that's aesthetically/internally perfect or all-original, no matter how much money is invested into it.

Well done on those!
Thanks!
The 7.62 rifle was bought pretty much as is from a board member. All I did was add the wood lower hg and night sights. The 5.45 rifle was also from a board member as was the furniture it's wearing.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
They're beautiful!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcibes said:
Not perfect ....So what....like rayman said, who among us can get it 100% short of getting the real deal? Nice looking pair though...the scope on the 74 is NICE! Wish I had bought one when they were available. :sad:
That scope is what started it all. My dad gave it to me about a year ago and I just had to get some stuff to go with it...LOL

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Can you remember when SOG had those E.G. scopes for $125.00 ?

· Registered
8,049 Posts
mike8620 said:
xcibes said:
Not perfect ....So what....like rayman said, who among us can get it 100% short of getting the real deal? Nice looking pair though...the scope on the 74 is NICE! Wish I had bought one when they were available. :sad:
That scope is what started it all. My dad gave it to me about a year ago and I just had to get some stuff to go with it...LOL
Nice dad! Nice scope! Nice rifles as well!

Funny how that one part can start the madness. I lucked out on a 1960 or 1961 near new Soviet AKM buttstock and trunion that will now become a complete rifle.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MPiKM-72 said:
mike8620 said:
xcibes said:
Nice dad! Nice scope! Nice rifles as well!

Funny how that one part can start the madness. I lucked out on a 1960 or 1961 near new Soviet AKM buttstock and trunion that will now become a complete rifle.
Thanks!

No kidding about how a few parts can turn into rifles. I had a few nice Garand parts turn into a couple nice rifles.......Some parts are too nice to just lie around collecting dust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.