AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two days ago I was working in -17F outside in Utah....

My ugly mug trying to look cool

Wakeboarding

Das Germans were here:

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Vacation or for good?

I would love to move some day to Costa Rica for good.
Chile is probably very similar to Costa Rica?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Is it Spring time there this time of year ?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I visit anually (wifes family is here)

Its the equivelent of late june right now.

Climate wise, its like the tip of baja califirnia in the north of chile, then in the very south like the north of alaska.
W/ all the climates in between.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

this is all in the northern most portion of what they call the "lake region" that is in the south of the country. It's considered a temperate rainforest (more so in the south than where these pics were taken)

You can own firearms here. Just lots of red tape and trips to the police and a psych evaluation to do so. Firearms are expensive too. So it actually cheaper to import some with you from the states. It's something like 2 pistols per eligible person in a household, beyond that # requires membership in a sporting club (along with some sort of sporting permit). Technically you can own machine guns and silencers here too. But, I'm sure the local police would look at you sideways when you brought in the receipt for them to sign off on.

There is some weird ammo limit thing here too. Like only 100rds allowed at a time or something ridiculous like that. But, Im not sure if that is even enforceable or if it is even enforced at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts