AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I seem to have made an oops here. I had my AES10B outside and I took the recoil spring off to clean it, and it shot the retention nut somewhere off in my yard, I have no idea where. I need a replacement, but I can't find one anywhere for an AES10B, what are my options? It has a heavy guide rod, and it's a 1975 triangle stamped AES10B, I'm out of ideas here guys.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
you might search under type 3 or milled or rpk idk. it is that type right? back is a tube then a rod spring and the retainer?
maybe a want to buy add.
I don't think I have any loose ones floating around.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I THINK there is only 2 styles of retainers though.
one is for the rod type and the other for the wire type recoil.
the rod I believe would be the same for a milled type 3 ak-47, or an rpk.
other wise its the retainer like an akm or ak-74

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
its not needed just take off the front narrow portion and reinstall. that's what finland did with ALL of their aks problem solved! save the narrow rod part in case you pick up the nut later on and it helps you sleep at night. that nut on end and narrow rod just serve to aid quick assembly and disassembly. if your a trained ak operator they just seem like added weight. ditch em!

that nut by the way ive sold about 40 or 50 of em for 8 and 12 bucks each over the years and I often try to talk guys out of it. I was always short on em too pulling em off of assemblies I still have sitting incomplete. ive got some polish ones now but you don't really need one. they are semi useless unless your a perfectionist. a metal detector will work before a magnet does in grass maybe.

Reactions: evolixsurf

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
go to home depot and get one of the magnets roofers use to pick up nails from stripped roofs and walk the yard if you have to have it. Then just return the magnet not really going to get dirty or ruined.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Send me pics, I have a bag of them I think. Molot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Yea I do. Holler at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
So it'd be cool to run it with just the spring in there and no guide rod or retainer at the end?
yep! I shoot a plo kit rebuild exactly like that since 2004 or whenever just like I found it in a kit. try it. like I said whole nation of finland does just that. if you lost the front tip off a milled or rpk type recoil assy just take the other front part out too and your good to go. leaves you just 2 parts the rear topcover catch tubular part and spring. its less weight and kind of a no brainer since you lost the little keeper.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
So back when this song came out I was dating this hot little thing that was making her rounds through my circle. She loved this song... one day I asked her "you are a holler back girl, so why do you like this song so much?" We didn't see each other after that. Every time this song is played I think about that "holler back girl" that I was running around with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts