AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the muzzle cap from my NHM91.
I can pull the muzzle pin out to where there is a grove on the pin so I can turn the cap but the pin doesn't come out far enough.
I can only turn the cap a little ways and it gets stuck on the pin.

How do I remove the muzzle cap? Do I remove the pin?
When I install a flash hider, will I need a new pin?

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
The detent pin should be a solid pin, which is held in place by the front FSB pin.

You need to press out the front FSB pin, and then remove the detent pin. You should then be able to unscrew the muzzle nut.

Order a replacement detent pin and spring from KVAR, Polytech Parts, or Global Trades.

Then reassemble.

KF

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
You can do it with a punch and hammer, but you run the risk of bashing the crap out of the FSB................like I did.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will a detent pin and spring work?
Does it push out the pin, thus holding the muzzle device?
Then do you push it in to remove the muzzle device?

Do I need to remove the FSB pin need to be removed to install the new spring and detent pin?

My detent pin has a grove on it where I can pull it out and I can turn the muzzle cap a little.
Now I can't keep the pin in, it wants to slide in and out.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Here is what i did on a NHM91. I dremeled off the fixed muzzle nut. Careful of the threads!
I pushed the FSB pin just far enough out one side so I could pull the fixed detent pin out with vice grips.
It had a kind of cut out for thr FSB pin to go thru.
I screwed on a slant brake and re installed the fixed pin since i didn't have any other parts on hand and didn't plan on taking it off again.
I then flipped over the rifle,set it back on the 2x4 and drove the pin back in holding the detent pin so it wouldn't rotate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts