AK Rifles banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Steve is one of my favorite yt'ers. The Bob Ross of rations!

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
933 Posts
I liked the c Rations in the 60s but the best I have had since then is the LRP rations especially the chille. Everyone through away the c ration ham and lima beans. My favorite was beef steak potatoes and gravy

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bulk wheat and rice, and always always always HONEY. I mean come on now. It never goes bad. Buy raw honey from some amish and put it inside a sealed bucket or something like that and you have a long supply to keep you alive for long period of time. Scoop of rice and a spoon full of honey will have you hunting and fishing like a monster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Survival food has come a long way. Way better than they used to be. Fun fact for those that mention the nuke scenario. Each US ICBM capsule has a case of MREs in it.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Survival food has come a long way. Way better than they used to be. Fun fact for those that mention the nuke scenario. Each US ICBM capsule has a case of MREs in it.
Is that incase the maintenance crew gets peckish, or to see if they'll survive the blast?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Anything properly vacume sealed should last nearly forever. Particularily, when it's dehyrated to begin with.
I've never been much for high priced survival foods. I rely on 10/$10 canned fish and rice packets.
I've also began stacking canned vegatables, as well. I troll an Argentinian fellow's blog. He reminds that under almost any "crisis" scenario,
clean water quickly becomes an issue. Dehyrated foods put extra strain on the drinking water stash, where canned foods carry a serving of water w/them.
If you have to be mobile, another story.
Now, take your 6 shots, get your QR Tatoo, buy another box of masks and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: recon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is that incase the maintenance crew gets peckish, or to see if they'll survive the blast?
Honestly, the maintenance crew is probably not there to be hungry if they weren't underground.

They're sealed in plastic in addition to the wrapper they come in.. which.. if you're creative.. can be used as a container for other things so be careful how you open it.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts