AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving a presentation that required some graphics on a white board. Some assclown decided to take all the magic markers away. I ended up giving the presentation and for some reason, I kept turning to the empty board as I had practiced for the presentation. I was referring to invisible graphics, I just rolled with it. No one seemed to care either- that was the best part.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Plenty of embarrassing stuff has happened to me. I once misidentified a cardiac arrest patient on an ambulance run and the chaplain and base commander were on the way to the to tell his wife when I discovered my mistake. Fortunately the commander was a bit of a trauma junky and would often show up at ambulance calls so he knew me and didn't bust my balls too much.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the day of the boston bombing, everyone including myself was a little distracted by the news coming in at the end of the day. i forgot to turn one of the furnaces off which could have burned the shop to the ground. fortunately i at least turned the set point down and the crucible in the furnace didn't get hot enough to cause a fire. the boss was not very happy with me the next day.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Okay this didn't happen to me but it happened to a woman where my wife works at a well known home improvement store in my hometown. long story short this woman in sales was tasked to make a presentation to the district office about an idea that she and another salesman had come up with to boost sales or some such thing.They whipped up this powerpoint deal on his company provided laptop and that following Monday she traveled by herself to pitch this to some of the higher ups with the store manager's blessing.

Apparently when she started what she thought was the PPT presentation she actually launched windows media player and a quite graphic home made sex tape featuring that salesman guy and his wife came to life and she was unable to stop it for like 15 seconds.He was fired that day over the phone and she took 10 days off.Everyone in the store quickly found out about it of course and she was so embarrassed she transferred out shortly there after to another store.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
My dad was a preacher. He got a new church and it had a neat sound system that allowed him to record church services and give them to people in nursing homes, hospital, ect. A lady showed him and me how it all worked. I met a new friend later that day. He had some tapes I wanted. I had some he wanted, so we started making tapes . All went well until Sunday morning. We forgot a tape in the player. This system was also used to play bells for everyone to know Sunday school was over.

The lady seen the tape in the player and turned it on. NO BELLS............ VAN HALEN Running with the devil blasting over the pa . :O My dad could have killed me. For you guys not very old they had things called tapes you could record on long before cds or ipods.

As far as my job. I was in a hurry to finish a Honda Accord. I didn't wash it or pull the paint code . I just masked it off and painted the new front sheet metal and blended the doors.

It looked like a standard Honda black. It was black pearl. OMG I didn't notice it until the car got washed. The boss said Hell You cant tell unless someone pointed it out. He took it to the auction anyway and it sold.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
I was working late and lost track of time not too long ago. The building I work in gets locked up and alarms set at 6pm. I went to leave and set the alarms off when I opened the door. MP's showed up before I even got my helmet and riding gear on. Oops. Sort of hard for the boss to bitch at you for working late though...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Had a busted brake line in my Firebird. Thought I had enough pedal to ease it into the garage at work. NOPE! Demolished the fridge. Lucky I didn't go through the wall.

I happened to have an extra fridge in working order, brought it in for a replacement.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I've carefully tailored pieces for custom cycle seat covers and then sewed them together upside down. All I could do is kick my own ass and start over. Happens about once a year. Customers never see them, they get dumpstered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts