AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of stepping on Hawk 45 post and hi-jacking it, here is more SLRs. There were 4 companies making them. Gorden Technologies, Blue Ridge, Ohio Ordinance and MSC. G-Tech and Blue Ridge being judged the best by some.

Here's 3 of mine, all G-Tech:

Besides slings, I have put slant breaks and RSA trigger groups on them. The center one is one of my first AK's thanks to JOHNO. Interesting story on the other 2. I bought them from a private estate. They are 2-digit serial numbered. One in the twenties, the other in the sixties. According to several sources the guns G-Tech sold to public started with serial number 300. The ones I have were supposedly special built for either employees or friends. The validity of this I cannot prove. I intend to collect samples of each manufacturer.
If you have a SLR-100, keep that puppy in the family! And enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Ironback,the one you bought from me was one of the proto types G-Tech made for Intrac,before the initial order was placed.I really miss that one but thanks to Fireman I'll have another SLR100H next week! :grin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info JOHNO, maybe that explains the different serial # prefix and markings.
Glad you found another 100, try keeping it this time! :wink: When you get it, let me know how it is stamped. I am trying to document the differences in the 100's.
Thanks for the reply Templar. BTW, I still have the Arsenal bakelite underfolder I got from you. Beautiful weapon. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Thanks for posting them! Gonna show them to the son so he can see what wood will look like on the one I am giving him.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Ironback..........those bakelite Classics are EXTREMELY rare....hold onto the one you got from me, or let me know when you decide to let it go....... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Nice triplets! Do you think the Blue Ridge are the best made? I have a Blue Ridge & Gordon Tech. I do like my Blue Ridge alittle better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sasm7 said:
Nice triplets! Do you think the Blue Ridge are the best made? I have a Blue Ridge & Gordon Tech. I do like my Blue Ridge alittle better.
I could not give you an honest opinion as I only have G-Tech.
If you send me your Blue Ridge I will do an extensive comparison. :wink: JK!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Zane Zackerly said:
There's just something about that rustic-looking wood that can't be beat. :cool:
Man,thats the truth! The SLR100s definately have character in their original stocksets.

Ironback,where are the correct muzzle nuts,I know you had at least one!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JOHNO said:
Zane Zackerly said:
There's just something about that rustic-looking wood that can't be beat. :cool:
Man,thats the truth! The SLR100s definately have character in their original stocksets.

Ironback,where are the correct muzzle nuts,I know you had at least one!
I keep them with the other original parts, (FCGs, slings, top covers, etc.) marked to the rifle they came off of. Occasionally I will swap them back just for the look. You know how it is, you cannot keep your hands off of them.:grin:
Do you need any? I can check my parts bins for some.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
OOW built them? Never knew that. Never saw a picture of one either.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I know I complemented you on the "other" site, IronBack. But I can't get over those stocks. Fantastic!

I ordered a Polish laminated stock set for my G-Tech and will post pics when the set arrives. It will be nowhere near the look you have, but I'll get a BFH and see if I can make it look more "worthy." :wink:

Bud

1 - 16 of 16 Posts