AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i recently bought a century arms ak47 it works great just 3 problems one its a single stack not your tradtional hi cap ak i did not relize it untill i got home, dumbass i know, is there any way to convertt it to accecpt hi cap mags? problem two no muzzle break the barrel is threaded but what is the thread pitch what is standard? problem three when i get my class 3 how can i convert it to full auto. any links to convert it to hi cap and fullauto? thanks for the imput.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Cant convert anything unless you are a manufacturer/SOT and its done for a LE agency with an official request.

You can make it double stack, but all 922(r) laws still apply

thread is 14x1LH

:peep: :walkdoor:

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Whoa. :eek: First, welcome aboard to a great information forum. Let's take your questions a step at a time. It seems like there's been several members in recent weeks that jumped on a rifle before doing a little homework. This forum is an excellent reference source - it's good to look here before you jump next time. Plus, sometimes seeing a brand new member with such questions is either a fellow enthusiast with a great deal of learning to prepare for or a lurker/troll, etc. trying to collect information for other purposes. But we'll set you straight. :wink:

...is there any way to convertt it to accecpt hi cap mags?
You can dremel the magwell a little to modify it to accept hi-capacity magazines if your state allows it, as Slinger stated. But if you're new at this, it's best to let someone do it for you if you don't know or unsure of the process.

...problem two no muzzle break the barrel is threaded but what is the thread pitch what is standard?
The standard for the rifles in 7.62x39mm is 14x1 LH (left hand). If you can provide some photos of your rifle to get an idea of make/model, as well as the muzzle threads, it would sure be helpful. If your rifle already has threads, it probably has/had a muzzle nut or flash hider and you should be good-to-go.

problem three when i get my class 3 how can i convert it to full auto. any links to convert it to hi cap and fullauto?
Absolutely, positively, completely forget that. It doesn't work like that. There's is NO converting to full automatic unless you're interesting in paying a fine and doing some time in your nearest federal prison. As far as AK-style rifles are concerned, you'll either have to pay the $15,000-$25,000 for a transferable one or be a manufacturer with a license.

Your rifle isn't actually an "AK47" - to some of us and certainly me, that's a made-up, "gangster" word for the rifle. With your particular rifle and without seeing it, it's probably a Romanian SAR-1, Yugoslavian M70AB1 or M70AB2, or a number of different Century-marked rifles.

This is a great website and probably a must for new folks to read - it has a lot of helpful tips and knowledge especially for folks with Century-imported SAR rifles:

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
rayman1 said:
Whoa. :eek: First, welcome aboard to a great information forum. Let's take your questions a step at a time. It seems like there's been several members in recent weeks that jumped on a rifle before doing a little homework. This forum is an excellent reference source - it's good to look here before you jump next time. Plus, sometimes seeing a brand new member with such questions is either a fellow enthusiast with a great deal of learning to prepare for or a lurker/troll, etc. trying to collect information for other purposes. But we'll set you straight. :wink:

...is there any way to convertt it to accecpt hi cap mags?
You can dremel the magwell a little to modify it to accept hi-capacity magazines if your state allows it, as Slinger stated. But if you're new at this, it's best to let someone do it for you if you don't know or unsure of the process.

[quote:1avq2y6x]...problem two no muzzle break the barrel is threaded but what is the thread pitch what is standard?
The standard for the rifles in 7.62x39mm is 14x1 LH (left hand). If you can provide some photos of your rifle to get an idea of make/model, as well as the muzzle threads, it would sure be helpful. If your rifle already has threads, it probably has/had a muzzle nut or flash hider and you should be good-to-go.

problem three when i get my class 3 how can i convert it to full auto. any links to convert it to hi cap and fullauto?
Absolutely, positively, completely forget that. It doesn't work like that. There's is NO converting to full automatic unless you're interesting in paying a fine and doing some time in your nearest federal prison. As far as AK-style rifles are concerned, you'll either have to pay the $15,000-$25,000 for a transferable one or be a manufacturer with a license.

Your rifle isn't actually an "AK47" - to some of us and certainly me, that's a made-up, "gangster" word for the rifle. With your particular rifle and without seeing it, it's probably a Romanian SAR-1, Yugoslavian M70AB1 or M70AB2, or a number of different Century-marked rifles.

This is a great website and probably a must for new folks to read - it has a lot of helpful tips and knowledge especially for folks with Century-imported SAR rifles:

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml[/quote:1avq2y6x]

Well Put! Don't screw around trying to convert it to full auto! You will have a vacation at the Gray Bar Hotel! Plus ammo is getting expensive! :wink: Google the phrase "Bump Fire"

T :smile:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
396chevy said:
... any links to convert it to hi cap and fullauto? thanks for the imput.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
It would not be a Yugo or a SAR-1 rifle. Those were all made/imported as double stack. The WASR rifles were the first to come in single-stack to be made into a high-cap... this was due to an executive order either from the president or someone high up in the ATF around 2000-2003. I do not know the details, but I do know there are no single stack Yugo rifles unless a lone individual built them that way.

To the original poster... if you want an automatic weapon, buy one legally. An AK will run anywhere from $12,000 to $150,000... all depends on what you want. Collectors pay stupid prices sometimes but a pre-86 conversion will be "reasonable". If you just want a machine gun, you can still find MAC-10 and MAC-11 weapons for in the $3,000 range.

The term AK-47 is not made up nor gangster, it is just used incorrectly. A Type I, II or III AK would be an AK-47... period. That is just the correct name. However, other rifles (most of the ones we can buy) such as the stamped receiver Hungarians, Polish, Romanian, etc... are all AKM types of weapons.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Join the Army.

Not only can you shoot all the machine guns your heart desires, they will supply all the ammo for free! (plus ya get a nifty haircut)

Heck of a deal, IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
396chevy,

We do not discuss conversion of weapons to fully automatic fire on this forum, and no links to such will be posted.

Dawg

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
p

+1 to ray man on getting info, here i learn something every day.Don't be playing with that gun unless your'e sure of what your'e doing.As for the full auto buy one leagilly & forget about converting .

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
mymojo34 said:
Join the Army.

Not only can you shoot all the machine guns your heart desires, they will supply all the ammo for free! (plus ya get a nifty haircut)

Heck of a deal, IMO.

The "Join the ARMY" thing is a total load of crap. Civilians have far more freedoms than those in the military and ammo stocks aren't just handed out to everyone.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
mymojo34 said:
Join the Army.

Heck of a deal, IMO.

The "Join the ARMY" thing is a total load of crap. Civilians have far more freedoms than those in the military and ammo stocks aren't just handed out to everyone.
plus civilians have better guns than some of the branches >_>

·
Registered
735 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
mymojo34 said:
Join the Army.

Heck of a deal, IMO.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Hey look! Its ARFCOM! :roll:

To the OP... do you have pictures of your new AK rifle? Also... does it have a bayonet lug on the gas block?

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
I presumed member 396chevy's rifle is probably a WASR-10 to be more exact but the possibility does exist any Century rifle could've been modified to feed on single-stack magazines. As Q mentioned, it would be great to see what you've got, 396chevy - if you need someone to host a photo for you, just holler. Any one of us would be happy to get them up here.

The term AK-47 is not made up nor gangster, it is just used incorrectly. A Type I, II or III AK would be an AK-47... period. That is just the correct name. However, other rifles (most of the ones we can buy) such as the stamped receiver Hungarians, Polish, Romanian, etc... are all AKM types of weapons.
That's not quite accurate. That nomenclature was coined elsewhere - if memory serves, by the US military upon learning of the rifle and obtaining one for study. The Russians referred to the Type I, II, III models as Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года; Avtomat Kalashnikova obraztsa 1947 goda; ("Kalashnikov's automatic rifle model of year 1947") but not as "AK-47."

The field and technical manuals identify it as "AK" for the full-buttstock model; "AKC" (AKS) for the underfolding buttstock model. Then, of course, "AKM" and "AKMC" (AKMS) respectively for the stamped receiver, later models with other countries giving it their own particular nomenclature.

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
Hey look! Its ARFCOM! :roll:

oh Q dont be dramatic.

if it was ARFCOM your post would have been deleted and quite possibly had your account locked if you had badmouthed a mod or a sponsor!

teasin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts