AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an adjustable stock that fits the Yugo from Tapco and man did the angle suck. We tried to install it and the angle that it attached to the rear trunion was to say the least....awkward. It made the stock angle parallel and straight leaving the weapon and only the bottom point of the butt pad would dig into your shoulder. If I flipped the adapter plate that fit the trunion over it was perfect. So, since I own it and it useless in the current state I have modified it to fit.

Pics to follow after I go pick up some epoxy to complete the mod. I have it cut and need to finish.

...............TwinAk

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Let me try this again! I couldn't delete the pics from being attached so, I will add them again...this time with explanations.

IMG_0028.JPG
This is the stance I want with the stock canted downward like a natural stock would be.

IMG_0029.JPG
This is the original angle and it puts your cheek pushed down into the stock to even get on the sights to shoot it.

IMG_0030.JPG
You can see the angle of the Tapco the fits the trunion better in this pic and the rounded part is on the bottom.

IMG_0031.JPG
Now the rounded end is on the top and looks more natural and give a great angle for the adjustable stock and keeps the pointed end of the butt pad out of your shoulder when shooting.

..................TwinAK

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
View attachment 1799
Once I got it trimmed to fit into the trunion adapter, I drilled new holes and I didn't think this was enough to support use of the AK over its life.

View attachment 1800
I drilled more holes to allow for some 30 minute epoxy to be able to penetrate both side and then covered up the bottom side with tape to be able to pour both sides at once. (do NOT cover all the holes when pouring or it will not vent enough for the epoxy to fully penetrated on the bottom side)

View attachment 1801
It's poured.

View attachment 1802
Put adapter on and redrilled the holes in the new epoxy cavities.

View attachment 1803
Drilled epoxy and it fits like a champ and now to install it on my Yugo! Tapco should have done a better job to fit the Yugo in my opinion.

...................TwinAk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
image.jpeg
New look with modified adjustable stock installed. Feels great.

.....................TwinAK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts