AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that one, too. He's a better man than I if he actually manages to get a sale on that.

We laugh now but who knows in 20 years. Kind of like the scopes that affix on the Lafette tripod for the MG-34. Twenty years ago they were $200 or less if you found a deal. Now, $1,200. :neutral:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I initially laughed as his price as well when I first saw it this afternoon. However, then I actually looked at it. Look closely at the writing near the reticle illumination toggle switch:

It is not the normal Cyrillic "ВКЛ" / "ВЫК" or "ВКЛ" / "ВЫКЛ" or the export "ON" / "OFF". It appears to read "APRINS" / "STINS"

Additionally, the Data Plate...:

..indicates a very early PGO-7V. The serial number seems to indicate it was a PGO-7 that was returned for the retcile pattern upgrade and focal plane / objective lens upgrade (2.5x to 2.7x).

I am not saying it is worth $400.00 smackers - but it is somewhat rare as far as PGO-7 series optical sights go.

S/F
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Nick I as well noticed the markings but I highly doubt the seller knows that its not the run of the mill scope, also note the lack of the head rest (whatever you call it). Also "sent home from vietnam before he died" The date could certainly put it in vietnam but the dirt on it makes it look like Iraq, either way it's not selling at his price. I bought 5 of these scopes from Global trades bout ten years ago for 25 a piece sealed in a bag with all the goodies, the good old days are gone..

·
Registered
215 Posts
MM,

Copy all and concur.

I emailed him earlier and asked if he wanted a forehead pad / extension arm (for free) for it but have not yet heard back from him.

At least he is not as bad as the guy at Manions Auction House who wanted $2,200 for a inert Romanian PG-7 training HEAT round last month.

S/F
Nick

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Maker of the PGO-7V sight is IOR (Industry Optic Romania or IOR Valdada).

APRINS/STINS as you guys probably know is Romanian for ON/OFF

It is sorta based on the Russian ZOMZ (Zagorsky optical and mechanical plant) logo

That's their old emblem.

Their modern emblem is...

·
Registered
215 Posts
SG,

Thanks for the ZOMZ update. I never made the connection from the old logo to the new. You rule.

S/F
Nick

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sorry to steer a bit OT....no hijack intended

ZOMZ is very important because I'm a sniper enthusiast first and foremost....They were the makers of the widely used "trench periscope" in WWII and even in the Afghanistan campaign, the model TR4

ZOMZ modern day sights may also go by the name KRONOS but it's still the same factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts