AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done using my new mini park setup. Works really well. I bought a 2 1/2"x20" half long steam table pan on ebay for $8 shipped. I used a rotisserie heating element I got at goodwill and bent it into a long loop. It heats the solution very quickly and has a temperature dial so I can set it to run just over 190F. Here are a couple of pics:

and the result....Definitely a top 15 gift for Dad... :)

· Banned
708 Posts
Loyal11475 said:
Two thumbs up man! Your set-up is inspirational, now all I have to do is hit eBay for a pan!!!!!!
Screw Ebay. Take the trip to the East side and hit US Foods in the Bailey Market. 18-20 bucks for a 30X12"X4" pan.

· Registered
2,133 Posts
That's cool.
I went to the local University auction/public sale and they had some big old stainless steel tubs for sale, about 3.5'x2.5'x1.5'... $65

Thought they would be good for something similar.

· Registered
7,630 Posts
You got a great deal on that pan. I have used one for years now just like it. I put it over a camp stove though. Mine new with a lid was $40. I htink you got a better deal!

Great idea to use the heating element that way!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I used manganeze park but it isn't fully seasoned yet so it isn't quite as dark as I usually do it, but I am going to paint over it with gunkote so it doesn't matter.
I think they still sell the pans on ebay for that price the seller is "sell it for less" and winco is the brand. Half long for $8 shipped or full size pan 4" for $12 + $3 shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look closely there is one sitting in there. The temp dial is just trial and error until you find where the right setting is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.