AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Also the M70 and M70A rifles potentially further complicate things. I have a good pic of an M70A/M64UF with serial C-3813X as well as another M64 style front end sold to me as an M70A that is B-1315X.

Perhaps this survey should expand to (OR another started) to include all milled M70 variants?

M70/M70A

A-1061x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)
A-2262x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)

B-1315x (front end, could be M70)

B-1821x (cut receiver)
B-2890x (kit, looks to have been M70A1)
B-31?9x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)

C-3795x (kit, M70A)
C-3813x (kit, M70A)

E-6785x (front end, from a stock mismatched "M70")

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Also the M70 and M70A rifles potentially further complicate things. I have a good pic of an M70A/M64UF with serial C-3813X as well as another M64 style front end sold to me as an M70A that is B-1315X.

Perhaps this survey should expand to (OR another started) to include all milled M70 variants?
Right, the M70/M70A rifles I think also have their own serial number blocks (A-E) that I believe are separate from the M70B/M70AB rifles. I think that each rifle type has it's own specific block of serial numbers (M70/M70A, M70B/M70AB, M70B1 etc...) that is unique to each type of rifle. The underfolders and fixed stock rifles from each type of rifle might share the blocks, like I was talking about above with the M70B/M70AB rifles. Thats just my opinion from what I have been seeing though, could be proven wrong at any moment.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Right, the M70/M70A rifles I think also have their own serial number blocks (A-E)
I did recall seeing a milled gun with an E- prefix at one point, but couldn't remember if it was the first or second version of the milled receiver.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

M70/M70A

A-1061x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)
A-2262x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)

B-1315x (front end, could be M70)

B-1821x (cut receiver)
B-2890x (kit, looks to have been M70A1)
B-31?9x (cut receiver, looks to have been M70A)

C-3795x (kit, M70A)
C-3813x (kit, M70A)

E-6785x (front end, from a stock mismatched "M70")
I can add those to the 1st page, but I cant edit the thread title.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a milled kit that is mostly numbers matching but has a rear stub and wood stock that was not original to the kit. I was attempting to figure out if there was a way to tell M70B (milled, pinned barrel, fixed stock) from M70AB (milled, pinned barrel, folding stock) when I found this thread. It appears that the higher serial numbered rifles of each letter block were M70AB. The parts kit is, B-11660X so that would seem to mean that it was a M70AB. If anyone would care to confirm this, or just offer an opinion I would appreciate it.

Also, to add to this database, I have the following saw cut receivers,

M70B

C-7690X
D-9786X

M70AB

A-8323X

·
Banned
16,234 Posts
I have a number of Zastava M70 series milled AK kits and/or builds or rewelds. I never really bothered trying to decipher model by serial range/number or anything.

Some were without stubs so the alpha series is not known.
But a group of 7 in that manner are all M70 AB underfolders and range from a lower 5 digit 69000 range to the higher 6 digit 119000 range.

On an individual kit., though not always fool proof., the lower handguard will bear the signature underfolder marks vs fixed stock which will lack the mark. And of course he selector will reflect the type of stock. Not exact as a mix & match sometimes occurred., but a decent indicator as well as patina and wear patterns of a matched kit as to original model type.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just purchased a milled kit that is mostly numbers matching but has a rear stub and wood stock that was not original to the kit. I was attempting to figure out if there was a way to tell M70B (milled, pinned barrel, fixed stock) from M70AB (milled, pinned barrel, folding stock) when I found this thread. It appears that the higher serial numbered rifles of each letter block were M70AB. The parts kit is, B-11660X so that would seem to mean that it was a M70AB. If anyone would care to confirm this, or just offer an opinion I would appreciate it.

Also, to add to this database, I have the following saw cut receivers,

M70B

C-7690X
D-9786X

M70AB

A-8323X
Added, B-11660x falls into the underfolder serial number range.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
I just purchased an M76 parts kit, but there are no stubs with it. I have the serial number, as it's on all the other parts. is there a way to determine the year the rifle was made? the number that's on all the parts is 50985.

·
Banned
16,234 Posts
An M76 has no trunnion.
There are methods to determine manufacture dates.
Any M76 with a stub and date that is within the range of the serial number of an unknown dated rifle meaning a M76 in the range of 509xx that has a dated stub would be an indicator.
Likewise a M76with amatching scope serialized to the firearm will have display the manufacture date as the first two digits of the scope. Also a date range indicator.

A couple tidbits here>>

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/30-yugoslavian/300061-my-first-yugo-parts-kit-m76.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like English is not your primary language.
The original message indicates there is no original receiver part that normally contains the serial number.
Only the serial numbers on the bolt carrier abd receiver cover etc.
Yes.
Sorry
Here in Italy we had many M76 with original receiver, but on 2012 the authority confiscated all because of possibility of full-auto fire.
I have all the s/n of M-76 confiscated but unfortunately I have only some pictures of the mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got kit so no good pics yet.

M64 Fixed - B-11713
bolt carrier matches, but also has hand etched "60906"
No other numbers, model no., on the sight base, etc.
Three light proof marks or something on the front left of the milled receiver.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts