AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at my lgs today and they had a milled Mak90 with the dark wood stock and 386 in the oval on it. The condition is good/used and the numbers match. The asking price is 600 with 2 mags and no box. I thought it was a bit high price wise but would like to find out if you folks think I need to get my ass back there on Monday. Thanks for any opinions.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Pics would be more helpful but I can tell you I paid $400 for one about 5 years ago that needed some work since someone had put some EG furniture on it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
$600 for a milled MAK around my area is a very good price. Most stamped ones here easily go for over $600, and plenty over $700. Your area may be different, but if the market is similar to mine, and the condition is good, I'd consider it a good buy. We'll see what others think.

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
I stopped at my lgs today and they had a milled Mak90 with the dark wood stock and 386 in the oval on it. The condition is good/used and the numbers match. The asking price is 600 with 2 mags and no box. I thought it was a bit high price wise but would like to find out if you folks think I need to get my ass back there on Monday. Thanks for any opinions.
Stamped Mak90's are drawing that price here and more. A milled factory rifle is a good investment. I would buy without regret if it is still there Monday.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yea, thats a good deal nowadays.
I bought a nib milled mak 91 with a 20 inch barrel from my dealer back in 92. My first ak. IIRC i payed 289 for it.
It reminded me of the polytech NM model.
Go get that thing monday!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I wouldn't mind finding a milled MAK-90 for $600 these days. The ones I have seen are selling for closer to $1000!

In short, if I found a milled MAK-90 for $600 I would have a new Chinese rifle in by possession.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I may be stuck inside monday due to a blizzard here, so I'll see if it's still there tues.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well............is mga4848 a new proud owner?
I couldn't pull the trigger at 600. My intent was to deban it with ironwood furniture and I would probably have 900 in it before it was done. I already have a very nice stamped mak so I can live without it. I did make an offer of 500 but so far it's not accepted.

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
I couldn't pull the trigger at 600. My intent was to deban it with ironwood furniture and I would probably have 900 in it before it was done. I already have a very nice stamped mak so I can live without it. I did make an offer of 500 but so far it's not accepted.
Post the LGS phone and address. Maybe we can talk some sense to them and get that price down....:rolleyes:....:cool:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's pretty much what the one I'm talking about looks like. It would be a lot easier to pull the trigger at 600 if It didn't look like no work until spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you buy it for $600, you can always easily get your money back and then some. There is no way you would ever lose money buying that gun. Buy it now and de-ban it later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a milled MAK90 that was in rough condition that I converted myself. Wish I hadn't sold it though :(

The conversion was very easy. Just needed a welding buddy, drill press, good drill bits, TAP fluid, a dremel, sandpaper, Oxpho Creme, and some step bits for the underfolder holes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts