AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a few milled LHG ferrules?

Thanks.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ferrules

These ferrules "encase" the rear of a milled lower handguard. They reinforce the area of the handguard that slips into the receiver.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Donka said:

Thanks.

Don't have any that are new or excellent, but do have used (ie: "well" used). I'll double check to make sure they're for milled.

t

·
Registered
706 Posts
MLH Ferrules

Trueno,

I will take 4 of your lower ferrules if you have that many to spare.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
This is Donka's ad, he has 1st dibs.

Gonna have a bunch more (well, hopefully a dozen or so) of these within a week. In the meantime, lemme look in the gungeon.

t

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ferrules

Trueno said:
This is Donka's ad, he has 1st dibs.

Gonna have a bunch more (well, hopefully a dozen or so) of these within a week. In the meantime, lemme look in the gungeon.

t
Sorry Donka, didn't mean to high-jack your thread.

Let me know what is available after Donka has first pick. I would like several.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trueno said:
Donka said:

Thanks.

Don't have any that are new or excellent, but do have used (ie: "well" used). I'll double check to make sure they're for milled.

t
Excellent! I need two if they are for milled :cool:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Donka said:
I think the lower handguards of milled receivers were the only ones issued with rear metal ferrules.

The AKM lower handguards just have a metal spring inserted in the rear of the handguard where it makes contact with the stamped receiver.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Donka said:

I laid my hands on one for the moment. I's probably Bulgarian, not only has the notch on each side of the receiver stub but also one on each exposed side (the vertical part).

As soon as the others hit the door you'll hear about 'em.

If you will, email me (in my sig) instead of PM, inbox here at the Forum keeps overflowin'.

t

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Trueno!

I will send you an email.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Bear with me, a nice flood of aluminum came in that needs welding, got 9 hours of it on Saturday and no end in sight this week. Foreman is goin' on vacation this Thurs for a week, I've already hinted I'm gettin' a weekday off next week to go pick up parts.

thanks,

t

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the update Trueno. There is no rush for these, I am just thankful you might be able to help. :smile:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
smartykrs1 said:
I think the lower handguards of milled receivers were the only ones issued with rear metal ferrules.

The AKM lower handguards just have a metal spring inserted in the rear of the handguard where it makes contact with the stamped receiver.
Lowers for stamped Chinese came with 'em, they're the only ones that come to mind though.

t

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
i need one for a my SA-M5 that i put some Ironwood on,. it just looks funky without it

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
RPK's use them also - picked up a full stock set or an NMH91 conversion the other day - not sure if they are the same size though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts