AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might be a little out of place asking this, but does anyone know a way I can get a hold of a M1025A2 Humvee used preferably. I have been trying to track down some, but having no luck in doing so. can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
450 Posts
lol well how much are you wanting to spend! Iv seen them recently go for 19,000 but i usually see um in the 50-60,000 price range and thats a good deal! Im going down to the MVPA National Convention this wed and thurs. I will look for one and give you updates. :allright:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
if you want one in DECENT shape that runs, drives, starts and stops then probaly about 25 grand for a good one wouldnt surprise me...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I read a while back that one problem is getting clear title for it.
Way back they used to sell them whole at the DRMOs, but they changed the classification on them, and now they can't sell em without being cut up.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
fire_alarm2060 said:
I read a while back that one problem is getting clear title for it.
Way back they used to sell them whole at the DRMOs, but they changed the classification on them, and now they can't sell em without being cut up.
i know for a while that the military didnt sell the old hummers, they just cut them up into scrap, but lately i have seen military surplus hummers from 16-35 grand so i am not sure, i may be talking out of my ass here but they must have changed the regs allowing them to sell hummers, i can definantly see them saying "no way" to a title though, it would restrict the vehicle to "off road use only" :neutral:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m274 said:
lol well how much are you wanting to spend! Iv seen them recently go for 19,000 but i usually see um in the 50-60,000 price range and thats a good deal! Im going down to the MVPA National Convention this wed and thurs. I will look for one and give you updates. :allright:
that will really help me out thank you. if you find a vendor that has one laying around without a motor and full of battle scars i'll take it. heck if is just has a chassis, body, and axles thats fine with me to. just send me a pm with there number an a name and i can go from there.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
hummer

Don't know if you saw the one built on extreme 4x4.They used a suburban chassie & a kit body.It turned out killer, if you had an open credit card you could do the same.Just the engine, i forget the what they used for a long block they used but it was full of banks goodies, like twin turbo's & may have been desiel but it was killer.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I know of an armament carrier that used a civilian H1 as a donor vehicle, can be found here http://www.armyjeeps.net/vehicle2.htm The price is decent too, all military looks but the comforts of a civilian car A/C, radio and the like, possibly power windows. Most guys build up their 1025's from 998's as most if not all parts are available, they surplused out some 15000 HMMWV's but they surplused twice that amount in parts so alot of people piece them together. If you find one with a Form 97, that along with a bill of sale is all thats needed to get a title, at least here in michigan I don't know about your state. Become a member over at http://g503.com/forums/ theres a wealth of info on the HMMWV with lots of tech doc's, for sale board and technical base boards to help you. You can also put in a WTB ad over there for one, anyone thats into MV's frequent that site. One last way to find one is to go through Goverment Liquidator, DRMO is no more, they handle it all now and use an online auction to sell the goods. You can look up specific military bases (ones near you if you want) and actually go on base to view before you bid. Deals can be had and they do sell HMMWV's on there. I hope your a good mechanic though as buying a surplus military vehicle becomes a time consuming hobby that is labor intensive. Especially with these vehicles that require much maintenance and we're talking about vehicles that are 20+ years in age. Here's Govt. Liq's site. http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/search/nocache

·
Registered
519 Posts
Having done a restoration on an old school '49 Dodge Powerwagon and being very familiar with the old M34 version of same...for the money I'd put that old dog up against the Hummer any day. About the only thing the M34 would be lacking on would be top speed and complicated razoo full-time all-wheel drive but in a pull off I'd put my money on the M34. Last time I did any information gathering on them I believe one in good working order was about $3500, the damn things will go anywhere, start evertime, are ugly as hell...hey sorta like an AK
I witnessed a pull-off between a new Diesel 1-Ton Dodge dually and an old '49-53 1 Ton Powerwagon and the old truck's low gearing and weight resulted in the destruction of the new trucks frame mounted tow bar, twisting the frame. The old Dodges have a frame with-in a frame and 5:56 gearing, when it gets real scary you just get out, stand on the running board and steer at crawl speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: hummer

caliri47 said:
Don't know if you saw the one built on extreme 4x4.They used a suburban chassie & a kit body.It turned out killer, if you had an open credit card you could do the same.Just the engine, i forget the what they used for a long block they used but it was full of banks goodies, like twin turbo's & may have been desiel but it was killer.
ya i just saw that episode surprisingly. i went through my Tivo today and saw the episode so i will probably look at the sites they talking about.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ya i would love that i can finally get rid of my annoying neighbor and her rat dog to lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well I forgot my darn camera ! :evil:
Saw a lot of cool stuff!Saw 2 complete HUMV'S and one Scrapper some guy got from a junk yard(pics tommarow) I found some parts for my vehicles, :dance:
Hey Kisara, very nice Gaz!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'll give the Russians one thing, they do know how to build a manly truck, I remember awhile back they were importing their semi-military 3/4-1ton truck, it was pretty damned cool looking if you are into that kind of thing. Up in Canada they don't have the import imbargo crap that we have here and one of my buddies has a Russian version of a Suzuki Samarai, it ain't the same thing but about the same size if you get my meaning. It had a little diesel engine, was neater than cat shit...had the spare tire mounted on top of the engine. He claimed the little bastard would go anywhere, was cheaper to run than anything he had ever owned and with somewhere in the vicinity of 60K kilometers on it, no problems...they can't be imported into the U.S. because of emissions and probably a dozen other reasons.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what junk yard did that one dude find his Humvee b/c right now I'm calling up a lot of old friends that are in Iraq to see they have a junked one there base to send me in sections, and having no luck in doing so b/c they are all on missions at the moment. well the only good thing about me calling i got a hold of one of them before he was sent out and found out that they have found a warehouse full of ak's made from Izhmash. he is going to try to send me a few different ones before they get destroyed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts