AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking around today and got linked to http://midwestarmory.com/index.html and Firefox brought me to a page that said that it was a known attack site that installs malicious programs onto your comp without your consent. Is anyone else getting this and has it been discussed before?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah, stay away from the site. Visiting with Firefox sets off Symantec's Auto-Protection on my computer, saying the site tries to install some nasty crap in one of my temporary internet file folders. Hopefully IE users are protected somehow. Hopefully...

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
The problem with those "attack warnings" is that anyone can submit URLs to them. Don't like someone/competing business? Just submit their URL to the database.

It could also be something as innocuous as a misplaced character in the code.

The owner of the Midwest Armory site (which is not in business at this time) is one of our upstanding members and hopefully this is the first he's heard of it.

·
Registered
22,613 Posts
That's a damn shame. Those are good people

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I think about a year ago, TheDukeRyan, said he was closing up shop. Take a look at akforum.net for another parasite example.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Robpiat said:
I think about a year ago, TheDukeRyan, said he was closing up shop. Take a look at akforum.net for another parasite example.
This isn't a parasite.

TheDukeRyan never took his website down, to my knowledge.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Robpiat said:
nalioth said:
Robpiat said:
This isn't a parasite.

TheDukeRyan never took his website down, to my knowledge.
AKFORUM.net is now a parasite.

The owners had to acquire theakforum.net to move forward.

Here is the post from Mike:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewto ... hedukeryan
Yes, I know he closed the business, but he didn't close the site down ( I'm sure it's not taking orders ).

It's his website, his pix, his links, etc.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I get EXACTLY the same thing as the OP when I go to WWW.midwest... (the site that's also in DukeRyan's site profile). When I go to HTTP://Midwest... as the OP linked, then I get the nasty warning from Symantec that I posted about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts