AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Went to buy a soft-sided rifle case and shooting sticks ($120). Happy with the prices UNTIL I got to checkout:
$32.00 for shipping, and I live in a next door state!!

I just shipping a rifle half way across the US, with insurance, for half that price.

I just closed the window, don't need them that badly.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Also, just got an email that there is no more dealer pricing, all retail. Do not question Larryovich Potterfieldov, because that is the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Buy from Cabelas and use "ClubFive" as a promo code $5 flat shipping.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I also got the notification about the dealer pricing (which I would be entitled to with my 03 FFL). I've been shopping with Graf's for the last few years because of Midway's constant price hikes. Graf's pricing has been blowing them out of the water for years. Midway is getting to be just a small step above CTD, which is the absolute lowest in my book.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
:mad:
Went to buy a soft-sided rifle case and shooting sticks ($120). Happy with the prices UNTIL I got to checkout:
$32.00 for shipping, and I live in a next door state!!

I just shipping a rifle half way across the US, with insurance, for half that price.

I just closed the window, don't need them that badly.
Remember, shipping is not just what UPS charges for shipping. It also includes the cardboard box, the bubble wrap, styrofoam, & tape to seal the box. For a smaller company it could also include the price of gas to get to the post office/UPS. All these shipping supplies cost money, & guess who pays for them. Ever see the TV infomercials that say $19.95 + shipping & handling. Well all the shipping supplies are "handling". GARY

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If I remember correctly, during the panic, Midway stepped up with a MILLION dollar donation to the NRA. Makes them one of the good guys in my book, I personally will still do business with them and try not to complain so much about the shipping cost.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
+1 for Grafs, outstanding customer service

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Remember, shipping is not just what UPS charges for shipping. It also includes the cardboard box, the bubble wrap, styrofoam, & tape to seal the box. For a smaller company it could also include the price of gas to get to the post office/UPS. All these shipping supplies cost money, & guess who pays for them. Ever see the TV infomercials that say $19.95 + shipping & handling. Well all the shipping supplies are "handling". GARY
Gas? UPS charges $11 a week for picking up Monday - Friday. A high volume shipper like Midway gets a discount on shipping costs. "Handling" also usually includes part or all of the costs associated with paying someone to pick, pack, and ship each box.

Right now you either pay tax or shipping but pretty soon you'll have to pay both.

If I remember correctly, during the panic, Midway stepped up with a MILLION dollar donation to the NRA. Makes them one of the good guys in my book, I personally will still do business with them and try not to complain so much about the shipping cost.
They're donating to the NRA-ILA which is a non-profit. They also do that "round-up" thing and customers donate through them. I'm sure that their contribution to a 501(c)(3) organization isn't utilized by their accountants come tax time.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
That million dollar donation was money from people choosing to do the "NRA round up" on their purchases. Not saying that Midway is bad in any way, I buy from them all the time, just that it was money from people donating to the NRA when they made their purchase.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get Dealer pricing also (C&R), but with that comes not being able to take advantage of their discount codes. Haven't seen an actual difference in prices for a long, long time.
There is no way on-line to revert back to just a regular customer status, or I would do that to get a discount on purchases over $100..

I can't wait to start paying for shipping AND sales tax for mail order purchases.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I like Midway. Hell, I wanted to order a sling and two mag pouch's from DSA. The shipping cost was almost 17.00. Needless to say, I ordered a sling from Numrich. Shipping was less than 3.00. I guess I'll try to find a couple of pouch's somewhere else.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I stopped dealing with Midway. They killed the dealer discounts earlier this year, plus the shipping and fees are not worth me buying from them anymore. Brownells gets all my business now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts