AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nawww .

its just an unusual artifact of the point forming die . its peculiar too M43 bullets made by the former E.Germany and the lead core replacement bullets made by the Austrian company Styer (spelling ?) .

note that none of the other MFS made FMJ bullets have this anomoly . its because they dont make this one in house .

earlyer MFS 7.62x39 in this country was corrosive military steelcore ammo that was re-bulleted like the old , plain , 20rd white box , EAST GERMAN 762x39 to serve import restrictions on steelcore .

if we get in more it will likely be NEW made . i hope .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry , bad memory. these bullets are made by Hirtenberger of Austria . these are the bullets used in the RE-bulleted E.G. ammo wich included soviet , romanian and other cases and used in the ROMANIAN FMJ MATCH AMMO .

this is a very consistant bullet , lot to lot .

it seems the MFS that was AGAIN for sale was the last of the RE-bulleted corrosive primed military ammo re-bulleted by MFS . never the less , besides being corrosive primed , its likely accurate AK/SKS foder .

AIM sold it for a heck of a lot cheaper than what others did in the past !

http://www.districorp.ca/English/ammunition.htm

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
My 900 round case came in Monday,good looking ammo.I wish I had ordered more.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
21 over 79,steel case with no visible sealant.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup !

just like the last batch of MFS , RE-bulleted corrosive military ammo .

if you dont mind the corrosive priming it SHOULD be verygood accurate ammo :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I don't mind,I've been shooting corrosive Yugo for years.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as an avid #4 303Brit guy i'm already setup to 'boilout' before regular cleaning . no corrosive ammo troubles here .

there is another way besides boiling out or harsh chemicals . its called 'grease cleaning' . most dont like it as it leaves the weapon in an un-useable state untill you wipe off the grease .

i didnt say cosmoline , i said grease .

basically , you dry brush what grime and residues you can out of the barrel and off the parts and then slather them all with lite grease . everywhere rust would form gets a coating . to use the weapon means wipeing out/off all the grease and a quick solvent swab in the bore to get it all out .

a grease coating cuts off the third leg of the rust triangle , preventing O2 from joining chloride salts in the company of moisture to oxidize steel.

when done right it actully takes less time than a complete normal cleaning after fireing corrosive priming . the grease penetrates right down threw the grime and lifts it out also . hit all the spots and dont forget the F-Pin , inside reciever and FSB/crown .

i sometimes slather up guns that have fired corrosive primers at some time in the past , that wont be used for a while , just to prevent :troll: suprises .

it works .

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I went by the range this morning to do a quick comparision of Wolf and the Hungarian MFS,I sighted in with Wolf at 50 yards then shot a three round group of both types at 100 yards,the shooting was done with my Hungarian SA85 build with iron sights.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man o man those SA85s look and shoot sweee-eet ! thanx !

i need to get some real AK wood on the milled bulg . i like SHOOTING with the thumbhole but it just looks like hell .

i'll remember to take some special pics of this , hirtenberger-made , lead core , quality bullet . its a little unique . you'll see what i mean with some good closeups .

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I spoke with Dan from Dans Ammo,he's expecting a shipment of the Hungarian 7.62x39 in about a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts