AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend. I helped organize an AK build party in Canyon Country, So. Cal.
Head count was 50. Guns completed, about 30. We BBQ'ed both days, had a plinking range set up, and someone had brought out the Quads to play with. I'm helping out another AK build party in San Diego soon. Damn I'm exhausted.

· Registered
3,540 Posts
Wow, you guys don't mess around! I think of a build party as 2 or 3 guys sitting in a cramped room finishing one, maybe 2 rifles in a day. That looks like something I would have a great time at!

· Registered
4,548 Posts
jonpo said:
Wow, you guys don't mess around! I think of a build party as 2 or 3 guys sitting in a cramped room finishing one, maybe 2 rifles in a day. That looks like something I would have a great time at!
+1 ... looks like a great time!

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm willing to bet that more than 40 guns were started and finished with a few more being either started or completed.

This was more than just a build party. One guy brought an old Winchester shotgun to parkerize. One girl brought her quads to ride on the track next to my house. We BBQ'd a lot of burgers, chicken, hot dogs and a rattlesnake. Being California, we have to go through an FFL to buy and sell long guns (less than 50 years old) and handguns. An 07FFL showed up and did a transfer for me. Lastly, many were able to function test their builds less than 100 feet from where they built them. We'll I better get going and return the port-a-potty before they try to charge me more for it.

· Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jonpo said:

Thanks. Yes sir, we take our AK building serious. :grin:

Number 1 rule......is to have fun!

· Registered
2,117 Posts
So to load a mag of 30, you have to remove the receiver cover, bolt carrier and recoil spring?
Keeps you busy I bet, here in Indiana, you carry as many mags as you can and afford to feed ,to the range.
Wish we had a build party like that though. :animak:

· Registered
1,175 Posts
xarmy96 said:
So to load a mag of 30, you have to remove the receiver cover, bolt carrier and recoil spring?
Keeps you busy I bet, here in Indiana, you carry as many mags as you can and afford to feed ,to the range.
Wish we had a build party like that though. :animak:
Not quite. If you use a mag of 30, that means your AK has to be configured without a pistol grip (also VFG, and flash hider), like so:

If you want to use a pistol grip, then you have to use a magazine lock and 10 round mags, like so:

· Registered
8,049 Posts
This thread gives me an inferiority complex - that's especially rough on a Texan. :goof:

Nice party and photos. You guys are a class act. :hail:

· Registered
208 Posts
gowking said:
Yes the So-Cal BPs definitely have been showing us Nor-Cal builders up lately. Hard to compete with the location that's for sure.

-G
No doubt our build party in Elk Grove was in suburbia. We even had someone come up to us and ask if we were registered Democrat because they needed Dems to sign some petition.

20 guys with AKs and AK parts broke into laughter.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
joe_sun said:
gowking said:
Yes the So-Cal BPs definitely have been showing us Nor-Cal builders up lately. Hard to compete with the location that's for sure.

-G
No doubt our build party in Elk Grove was in suburbia. We even had someone come up to us and ask if we were registered Democrat because they needed Dems to sign some petition.

20 guys with AKs and AK parts broke into laughter.

Thats pretty funny. I am not an organizer but I will host one if they want to do another one in the elk grove area, I am in wilton and have plenty of space, I always rap off a couple or rounds in the backyard for a basic function check but function checking 20 aks would probably be too much :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.