AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the opportunity to pick up an MC5D, I tried asking quick in GD since I wasn't sure how long I'd have the opportunity to buy it and needed quick info. Is this a desirable model?

It looks clean through the pictures. Chrome lined, right?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only issue I can see is he wants 500 dollars. For 500 hundred dollars I could buy another saiga + transfer and 20 bucks worth of ammo.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
My thoughts are, that's what it's worth, if it's what you want, try and see if he'll take less. If you like the Saiga that may be a better deal.

I think they all are chrome lined, mine is.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think that model is "post-ban"/commercial to the hilt-Monte Carlo stock, no bayo, bizarre magwell config., etc. I'm not a big fan of SKSs that take AK mags, but if I did get one, I would want it to be a D, not an M. $500 may be what they go for, but I think there are better options out there for 7.62x39 rifles for the money right now. A $529 N-PAP, or a Saiga, come to mind.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.

The seller said he's tried quite a few magazines in it and only chinese 30 rounders work reliably. That pushed me off. It's very clean, extremely clean and doesn't look like it's been shot much but, unless I can get it for much much cheaper I don't think I could justify it over just buying another Saiga or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts