AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received an email regarding Matt Shuster founder of Ironwood Designs. Matt passed away from cardiac arrest on June 11. I did a lot of business with Matt over many, many years, and he always made sure to follow up with every order to see if it met my satisfaction. I wish his family the very best during this time, and you will be missed, Matt!

The email:

To the Ironwood Designs Community -

Matt Shuster, the founder and sole proprietor of Ironwood Designs, suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away on June 11. You are receiving this message because your email address is in Matt's business records. The purpose of this email is let you know what is happening with Ironwood.
We are aware there are orders that have been open for long periods. There are a number of orders "ready to ship" and more in various stages of production. Our objective is to ship or refund every order. We have engaged one of Matt's former employees, who is very knowledgeable about gun furniture and Matt's process, to help us go through the workshop. We recognize the skill and craftsmanship Matt brought to every piece, and would like to satisfy as many orders as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience.
If you have an open order and have sent information to [email protected], we have your details and will get to you as soon as possible. The key piece of data we need from you is the Paypal receipt number - this is what Matt used to track the orders that came in and we need to be able to match it to you. If you have sent that - please be patient. We will regularly update your status.
We understand that some of you may file disputes with Paypal. That is clearly up to you, but we gently request that you do not. Paypal is a very important source of data for us - if there are a lot of disputes, we could lose access to it which would limit our ability to resolve your situation. While Matt's production timeline was sometimes extended, he has a golden reputation for taking care of his customers, and we are committed to maintaining his high standards.
Many of you have asked about Matt's family (and we appreciate your stories about Matt). If you want to help his family in this difficult time, you can contribute here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-matt-shusters-wife-sam-and-daughter-andie.
Among Matt's many special talents was the patience and skill to recreate a wide variety of wooden parts. He accomplished this by creating an incredibly detailed set of three dimensional CAD drawing files that were used to drive a very precise computer-controlled cutting machine. Those of us who knew Matt can assure you: there are thousands of hours invested in refining those files to exactly match specifications. We believe that another skilled woodworker, armed with Matt's files, would be capable of producing parts worthy of the Ironwood name. We are in contact with several people who could potentially take it on, but if you know anyone else who may be interested, please have them reach out. If you have additional questions, please email them here [email protected] and we will do our best to get back to you. This has been an unimaginable shock and, again, we appeal for your patience and understanding.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
That sucks, RIP. I always wanted to get one of his swanky lower handguards for my M92.

·
Registered
666 Posts
We were good friends in High School. The outcast punk rock skateboard subdivision at school . We passed many a lunch hour launching rotten apples at the jocks with an improvised fruit catapult .Spent many summers hunting and shooting at my parents property near Yosemite. We would hit the gun shows in Call back when you could still buy full auto. He will be missed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts