AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
AKM,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a AKM Waser 10/63 I bought back in 2010 or 2012. What are the current ban laws in Maryland as of now. I know there outlawed, But some are grannied in if bought before a certain date.I have not shot the gun for the last 5 years. I do have some 5 shot mags for it. When I bought it I had to see afilm on gun handling and filled out all the state and federal paper work to own the gun. By doing all that, the AK should be registered with the state and feds. Right or wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You should look at the laws yourself and not ask random people on the internet. If you don’t feel like doing that, then hire a lawyer to do it for you.

edit: I take that all back. Let me grab some popcorn and see what some of the other helpful members come up with. Sit tight, you’re in for a treat.

·
Registered
23,378 Posts
Orange Art Red Sculpture Personal protective equipment

Sarcasm - You should go into your local police department with the item and say "I have a gun! Is this legal?" and if your meatbag self isn't perforated on the spot, someone will kindly answer your question after teaching you the Electric Slide via taser blast.

Do livestream the event as a teachable moment. It would be most amusing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All snarkiness aside… your thought process is logical. Gun laws are not.

considering the severity of the consequences, you really ought to consult the proper authorities, likely none of which are present here.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
First, do your own research according to your state's illegal anti 2A laws. Second, don't post about questionable things on open forums no matter how they infringe on your rights.

Third, consider becoming ungovernable.

* For whatever .gov jackbooted thug is monitoring our forum, the above meme is satire. I always recommend for my fellow citizens to bear their arms in accordance with our Bill of Rights. No need to shoot our dogs or burn our homes down.

·
Registered
AKM,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Most of your take on handling the subject was good. But like politics, some answers come from idiots. I did look up the MD laws, they are hard to understand for the average laymen. But to those who made sence answering me I will take your advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks. Most of your take on handling the subject was good. But like politics, some answers come from idiots. I did look up the MD laws, they are hard to understand for the average laymen. But to those who made sence answering me I will take your advice. Thanks.
For a Resident of the Workers paradise in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, MDshooters.com is an invaluable resource. I would say in all seriousness that it’s the best general gun forum on Al Gores amazing internet. For a state with such shitty laws on the ownership of firearms, there is a great community around the 2A there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Or you could just ignore the illegal unconstitutional laws and keep it in your safe serviced until needed.
Or if your worried you can keep it in storage somewhere :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, I have a AKM Waser 10/63 I bought back in 2010 or 2012. What are the current ban laws in Maryland as of now. I know there outlawed, But some are grannied in if bought before a certain date.I have not shot the gun for the last 5 years. I do have some 5 shot mags for it. When I bought it I had to see afilm on gun handling and filled out all the state and federal paper work to own the gun. By doing all that, the AK should be registered with the state and feds. Right or wrong. Thanks.
Maryland is a Leftist state. You will have to ask your Leftist Over-Lords if can keep it.
I live in a much freer state. The state doesn't care since I am a good citizen.
But the Feds, I don't know. Ever since they said that owning Hawaiian Shirts is a sign of being a Domestic Terrorist, I wonder if they trust any of us to own "guns"!

·
Registered
88 Posts
All snarkiness aside… your thought process is logical. Gun laws are not.

considering the severity of the consequences, you really ought to consult the proper authorities, likely none of which are present here.
It might be a safer idea to consult an attorney who defends gun-related cases. He cannot "tell on you".
The LEOs, on the other hand will arrest you on the spot.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
When the SHTF....All gun laws will be irrelevant....
When the SHTF....All gun laws will be irrelevant....
Ain't that the truth. Sad reality is when the SHTF "people" will still be trying to dial 911 and only getting a recorded message instructing them to leave a voicemail ! This is what happened in Baltimore during the Freddy Gray rioting. Sorry no cops available, you are on your own now. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts