AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no doubt, i would have sworn my old lady to silence had it been in MY garden. being a brit, he's not even allowed to have a firearmthough. he could have made a super secret airsoft bunker tho :grin:

·
Super Moderator
25,841 Posts
Cool find! I would have kept that info to myself though...

·
Registered
544 Posts
My buddy and I found a trap door about the same size way in the back of the woods on his property. We were hoping for a bunker but it was really just a small chamber where they used to have a pump to bring the water to the house. It was very samll even though it was about 10 feet deep.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy and I found a trap door about the same size way in the back of the woods on his property. We were hoping for a bunker but it was really just a small chamber where they used to have a pump to bring the water to the house. It was very samll even though it was about 10 feet deep.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I found a trapdoor in the woods hiking near a stream long ago. My buddy and I lifted the lid and looked inside. It was a pretty big room, and had electric lights and some big copper kettles boiling.

We got the hell out of there. :shock:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Prototype Services said:
I found a trapdoor in the woods hiking near a stream long ago. My buddy and I lifted the lid and looked inside. It was a pretty big room, and had electric lights and some big copper kettles boiling.

We got the hell out of there. :shock:

you didnt think to call the local pd??? it could have been moonshine or meth ya know.....

oh and definantly +1 on keeping his mouth shut on that.....what an idiot

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i love how we all think alike

find bunker=tell no one, fill with ammo

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Just_Parker said:
i love how we all think alike

find bunker=tell no one, fill with ammo

ammo, nonperishable food, generators, clothes other misc stuff......oh yeah, great minds think alike!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8 Posts
There was one in Austin made in the 50s...

I was living in an apartment complex next to a nice house in the Hyde Park area of Austin, TX. We were having problems with homeless men in the area and finally the apartment manager said enough and went looking for their hideout. Turns out, behind a bush, there was this stairway into the ground. At the bottom was a steel door. Both the manager and I went in and found a bunker about 15' long by 10' wide and 7' tall high. Rough guess on the dimensions. Basically the homeless have been using it as a shelter and who knows what else. Drug paraphanelia and even stolen goods including some from my apartment. Called the police and eventually got my stuff back. The owner of the property was not even aware of the bunker. Turns out the original owners built the bunker during the 50s. They died and the person who was the heir never was told about the bunker. Eventually it was sold to the current owner. Well, afterwards, the owner had the bunker sealed by welding the door shut and filling in the staircase with concrete and dirt. It was a bad decision imo but his property and his right. Talk about being in shock at the news! Heck, I have been over the property before(party in the back yard)and I never knew it was there. Very well hidden! I know that it is still there as the estimate to totally fill in the bunker was in the $40,000 area and the owners were retired folks. Nice folks too! Some of the homeless were PO'ed when it was sealed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Me too with a couple GE Mini-guns.. If I found it no one would have found out...

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
id have kept quiet... wont say anything other than that. you could use that room for TONS of stuff. (i for one need more storage as it is :grin: ) plus who wants to pay the tax on something that adds nothing to the actual house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts