AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a polymer stock set available for the slant reciever MAK 91? I have checked out a number of sites and most offer a milled receiver stock but I am aware that the MAKS have a very different sloped style. If not I am aware of Ironwood and their great wood stocks. Thanks...I posted under general discussion in the hopes of getting more replys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The choate machine black polymer front hand guard set will work
fine with your MAK. They also sell a black plastic thumbhole stock
for the MAK, but that's not what I think your asking about.
I thought I saw a fiberglass or plastic buttstock that fits the MAK
slant receiver a few years ago on the poly tech parts website.
However, they no longer have such a stock, even if they once did.
I too would be interested to find a non-wood MAK slant receiver
buttstock.

·
Registered
495 Posts
expeditionx said:
I have thought about doing this to mine.
I'm just not sure if the lower support is
absolutely essential to the design integrity.
Same here, except I would take the cut out part and glue & screw it to the underside of the part directly above it. That way you don't hurt it's strength too much.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I had one, worked pretty well with my post ban Poly. Just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks thats just what I'm looking for, planning on installing an Ultimak/EOTech combo and this will make it a more complete piece. This should still keep the MAK under the compliance issue correct?
One last question...when ordering the Choate stock, does it come with the foregrip pieces? It only mentions stock...
Ultimak also sells the Choate stock for milled recievers, this could be the same one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fearless 51 said:
Thanks thats just what I'm looking for, planning on installing an Ultimak/EOTech combo and this will make it a more complete piece. This should still keep the MAK under the compliance issue correct?
One last question...when ordering the Choate stock, does it come with the foregrip pieces? It only mentions stock...
Ultimak also sells the Choate stock for milled recievers, this could be the same one.
Yes. Here's proof.

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_ ... wProduct=0

Our Dragunov Design MAK-90/AK-47 stock features a convenient thumbhole design and our adjustable length of pull spacer system. This system allows you to adjust the length of pull from 13" to a 14 1/2" length by adding spacers. Other features include tough fiberglass filled polymer, black matte textured finish, 1" thick rubber recoil pad, Russian style steel sling mount pin and we include a matching upper and lower hand guard with our stocks. (You may order spacers and a matching cheek piece for scope use separately if needed.) Please specify milled or stamped receiver when ordering. Also available in OD green.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Green is cool...I like the red personally, but may go with green as the red is not available. Thanks for the further info, I did check it out thoroughly and was able to see the foregrip pieces...looks like I'm in business.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It gives my NHM-91 a wicked look.
I even plan to have the foregrips they make on all my AKs. In short, I love their AK stuff.
I really think you'll like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Norinco Mak-91 milled with slant backed receiver. Allen from Desert Fox outfitters took on the project to mill a stock adapter for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have the Norinco Mak-91 milled with slant backed receiver. Allen from Desert Fox outfitters took on the project to mill a stock adapter for me. I'll let you know how it goes.
Welcome to the group!

Great first post, you think he is still looking for a stock 6 years later?

Check the thread date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts