AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came across a mak90 unissued kit, new in oil paper wrapper with matching #s, any idea of its worth?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
shawn_40312 said:
due to being post ban, probably not even $100 considering you can purchase a new polytech barrel assembly for around $90
Agree.

The only parts you could really use are:

Bolt Carrier
Gas Piston
Bolt
Front Handguards
Rear Trunnion
Trigger Guard
Recoil Spring Assy
Misc Springs, Pins, Etc.

When assembling a new rifle, you have to have at least six US parts....

Receiver (1)
Front Trunnion (1)
US FCG (3)
US Muzzle Brake (1)

New barrel from Polytech Parts is $79.95 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
All of the unissued chinese mak 90 kits I saw didn't have front trunion.
Those 19mm trunions are HARD to find.
IMHO, I wouldn't buy one.
You can get a romy kit for around $100 or so .

·
Registered
62 Posts
the MAK 90 kit I scored had the front trunnion on it still and undamaged. The guy I bought it from said in the title that it had no trunnion, but when I looked at the pics, there it was still stuck to the barrel. I think I payed under a hundered for it, the only thing I'm missing was the trigger guard and the rear trunnion. If the kit has the trunnion ..........GO FOR IT!!!!!! without it it will never look like a real chinese ,and I would pass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Front Trunnion

I just bought a Mak-90, my first in the family of AK's, so I'm litterly a virgin to all of this talk. I was wondering what is a Front Trunnion and how do I know if my Mak-90 has one?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Re: Front Trunnion

Hydromak said:
I just bought a Mak-90, my first in the family of AK's, so I'm litterly a virgin to all of this talk. I was wondering what is a Front Trunnion and how do I know if my Mak-90 has one?
Every complete gun has one. It is in the front of the reciever, the rivets are holding it in.

We are talking about kits... kit= gun parts without the reciever, some kits can be missing parts for any number of reasons.

Your gun is a complete gun so no worries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts