AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the front sight block on a Mac 90. This is no collectors gun so totally original is not very important. I’m just looking for a decent replacement that will look fairly original. I have read Bulgarian and others will fit is this the case? I’m not looking for bayonet lug or cleaning rod holder just a basic front sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man thank you. Just ordered one. Just what I was looking for. Hood on the other had been through it looks like. Detent was jammed in as well. Overall the rifle is in good shape. Make a nice shooter. Again much appreciated.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I used one of these FSBs on my stamped MAK90 refang. Keep all original parts for resale or returning to original.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used one of these FSBs on my stamped MAK90 refang. Keep all original parts for resale or returning to original.
Will do. One piece of the hood is damaged and none of the furniture is original. Hand guards maybe but they’ve been refinished. Internals are in good shape however, that’s why it’s just gonna be a shooter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just make sure it's the FSB for a milled receiver rifle, the FSB for an AKM or AK74 will not work.
I put calipers on the barrel and talked to the nice folks at desert fox and made sure it’s going to fit. But thank you for your advice, and you are correct

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup bulgarian works and last I looked Desert fox sales has them for $29
Well got the FSB in over the weekend and it worked great! Used a nylon block I altered for this purpose to “gently” tap it into place. Replaced the pins with some I got from Desert Fox as well. Topped it off with an inexpensive basic flash hider I got from Damage. Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts