AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this MAK90 sporter for about sixteen yrs. I bought it at a gun show from a dealer. It is a slant cut receiver with a 5 digit serial. So I think it is pre 94 but post 89 correct me if wrong. It has been converted to Chinese wood furniture with pistol grip and looks great. It also has an odd flash hider which is why I am posting. I have searched the web but cannot find any that look like mine. It is pretty long and is attached by two roll pins through the front sight. It also has three long slots in the top and 16 holes in the top just in front of the slots. And the muzzle flares out at the end like a horn. Has anyone seen this type and is it original to this rifle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive had this MAK90 sporter for about sixteen yrs. I bought it at a gun show from a dealer. It is a slant cut receiver with a 5 digit serial. So I think it is pre 94 but post 89 correct me if wrong. It has been converted to Chinese wood furniture with pistol grip and looks great. It also has an odd flash hider which is why I am posting. I have searched the web but cannot find any that look like mine. It is pretty long and is attached by two roll pins through the front sight. It also has three long slots in the top and 16 holes in the top just in front of the slots. And the muzzle flares out at the end like a horn. Has anyone seen this type and is it original to this rifle?
. Forgot to add pics. Can we add pics on this forum?

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
These pin on brakes were usually available from the LGS when you bought a MAK. For a few bucks they would install it.
There were several brakes similar to this used with the Mini-14 and the MAK's and they usually worked well.
Yours is the cool one that I don't see as often...the AK74-ish one is common and can still be found for sale.

Flashlight Torch
.... Air gun Shotgun
.... Auto part Muffler Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Proly right. It is a little loose fitting, is this normal, haven't noticed it before but I've been shooting it a lot lately. I'm gonna try new pins to tighten it up. So I'll be able to see if its threaded when I knock the pins out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.