AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found this to be an easy way for me to remove the fcg on the MAK 90.I hope this is helpful to those who have tried to remove the safety lever first only to have it catch on the disconnecter.
First as always insure the weapon is unloaded. Remove the receiver cover, recoil assembly and bolt/carrier. Place the hammer in the forward position and tie the hammer spring up and out of your way with a long twist tie.

Now gently pry the pin retaining wire on trigger pin up and out of groove just enough to clear the groove. I used a long allen wrench and rested it on the trigger hook on that side. Push/pull the trigger pin out. Be careful because disconnecter spring is going to jump out. Reach in and lift trigger assembly out of receiver.

Lift safety lever to straight up position and remove through slot in receiver.

Push pin retaining wire forward and it will disengage from hammer pin groove. Leave the retaining wire laying in the bottom of receiver.

Push/ pull the hammer pin out. Pull hammer to rear of receiver, turn it sideways and lift up out of receiver.

Now for installation
Install old hammer spring onto new hammer and tie it back up with long twist tie. Place pin retaining wire into place.

Place hammer into rear of receiver and slide forward into position. Push hammer pin into place. Make sure pin retaining wire is in groove on hammer pin.

Lift pin retaining wire above trigger pin hole and insert trigger pin just enough for retaining wire to rest on top of it.

Install safety lever in straight up position through slot in receiver,insert into pin retainer wire coil and into hole in receiver.

Place safety lever to fire position. Install old disconnecter spring into new unit. Place trigger group into position and push trigger pin into place. Take allen wrench and rest it on trigger hook and gently pry up on retaining wire until it pops into groove on trigger pin.

While holding pressure on hammer springs, untie the twist tie. While still holding spring forward grab one spring with needle nose pliers and slowly lower it into place on trigger. Grab second spring and lower it into position.

Make sure trigger and hammer pins are secure with retaining wire in groove. Install bolt/carrier,recoil spring assembly. Check for proper function and replace receiver cover.
I really like this forum and hope this has helped anyone that may have needed it. :dance:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a milled MAK, and had trouble getting the safety lever out. I ended up rotating it in the opposite direction and it came right out. It will not catch on the disconnector doing it that way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul_D said:
I have a milled MAK, and had trouble getting the safety lever out. I ended up rotating it in the opposite direction and it came right out. It will not catch on the disconnector doing it that way.
Yes this is correct on the milled receiver. I should have specified stamped MAK 90. The rivets are in the way on the stamped when rotating the lever the opposite way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup - your right. It's pretty flexible, but I'm not so sure you could bend it out and around the one that's fairly close. Good pics BTW - I could see what you were talking about right away.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great tutorial for those of of who have cussed this operation with Chicom Ak`s. Thanks!! :wink:

Please make this a sticky for us Chicom fans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts