AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was awaiting delivery of a 7.62x39 Russian Bakelite magazine today. I go to the mailbox and there is a bubblewrap envelope in my box with the top torn just enough to take the mag out :mad:

I ordered the mag from Classic Firearms and my initial order they sent me a bakelite mag that was wrong...it has a made in germany label on it and the floorplate says .223

I contacted them and they apologized and immediately sent another mag out...the envelope showed up today with a rip at the top and the mag missing.

I've sent an email to classic and I'm waiting for a reply. the tracking info stated it was insured for $50.00...I don't know how this will work out with USPS...what happens when the package arrives empty and obviously stolen??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

IMAG0346.jpg

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Damn that sucks man, sorry to hear this. Luckily I haven't had this problem yet, but I'd start by taking it down to the local post office and start filling the paperwork. The driver had to have known it was missing when it was delivered, assuming it wasn't the delivery person who took it.from there it's just a wait to get the money back.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I dont know, but its irresponsible to send a mag packed like that. They should know that.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
I dont know, but its irresponsible to send a mag packed like that. They should know that.
Going for cheap I suppose...should always be boxed. I have never received a mag or mags soft wrapped like this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree...I would think you would ship it in a small priority box...much more difficult to quickly open and steal something.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Serious bummer. At work we get many packages. This doesn't look cut to me it looks like it was worn out. The hole is jagged and not uniform. I think you will be fine but bummer your out your time.

Josh

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Serious bummer. At work we get many packages. This doesn't look cut to me it looks like it was worn out. The hole is jagged and not uniform. I think you will be fine but bummer your out your time.

Josh
It is a bummer. It was initially a bummer when the wrong mag showed up. They apologized and said they don't even know how the .223 German made magazine was shipped to me...They were very nice and told me to keep the mag and they would send the proper mag right out. Now this happens and I have to contact them and tell them this...which sort of makes me look like a pain in the ass even though I've done nothing wrong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Josh
No its not cut...but it doesn't look natural either. It looks as though someone tore it open just enough to get the magazine out and send the envelope on its way. Someone who is familiar with firearms and reads the return address "Classic Firearms" and feels the package could easily determine that there was a magazine in there. I think the sender has to file the claim with USPS because they are the party taking out the insurance...I'm waiting to hear from the vendor.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I always use that kind of packaging when I ship mags, unless it was a large quantity and never had a problem. I wrap tape around the package just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
I always use that kind of packaging when I ship mags, unless it was a large quantity and never had a problem. I wrap tape around the package just to make sure.
Tape would certainly have helped. :sad:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i bought a big lot of bulgy mags on time.
the package was labeled from post office as..sorry for blah blah this item was damaged and contents were opened and resealed.
i can see there expression when they saw what was in side. omg

·
Technical Advisor
15,501 Posts
Poor packaging and the floorplate etc., punched out the paper & bubble inside. Should have been cross taped. I doubt theft., though possible. That mag is in the USPS Lost & Found., loose in the mail section.., now. To be auctioned off in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I have seen mags punch through the bubble mailers, the USPS equipment and handlers can be rough on packages. Once lost a premo slabside that way that was mailed to me. :(

Check with the seller if they want to file the claim online or if you should do it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I ordered a few mags from SKS Man when he was still in business. They would arrive in the cheap boxes the USPS offered with no padding or anything, a couple of times with the box torn open and the magazine exposed. I was lucky not to ever lose one or have one get busted up. I have seen other items in general arrive with really crappy packaging. If I order a new book off amazon I would like it to still be new when I get it...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I can tell you that the USPS is not replacing employees who retire with new hires. Instead, they are hiring non career employees. They pay them far, far less than normal employees, give them no benefits nor job protection and generally treat them like slaves. The vast majority of people that they are bringing in are of questionable value to begin with because the normal vetting process has been circumvented. Add this to the above mentioned facts and you end up with with the old adage "you get what you pay for."

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
That sucks, I hope you are compensated in some way. Hopefully the seller gets their act together and invests in a couple of rolls of package tape instead of going the cheap and easy route in the future. As a former driver/delivery guy for a major non government delivery carrier I have to say protecting your stuff for the ride from damage and theft as well as you can is not a wasted effort.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts