AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, there are 3-cell and 4-cell Russian mag pouches. I'm guessing that the original AKS-74U's would have been issued with the 3-cell pouches rather than the 4-cell. Do any of you Krink experts know for sure?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveM said:
Interesting...!!!

Any chance you might know what the 3-cell pouches were issued for?

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
The 3 cell pouch were for the AKM, the 4 cell pouch came later with the AK74 series, those will have a compartment inside for the stripper clips and stripper guide.

Now, there was a 4 cell pouch for the RPK47 gunner, but those will be longer to accomedate the 40 round mags, and have a strap to them, to carry it across the body.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
As jithaca pointed out to me, the 4-cell pouches actually have a compartment for the AKS74U cleaning rod.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SteveM said:
As jithaca pointed out to me, the 4-cell pouches actually have a compartment for the AKS74U cleaning rod.
Yeah, I already have two of the 4-cell pouches, so I was already aware of the cleaning rod slot and 4th pocket being for ammo/stripper clips.

I was just considering a 3-cell pouch if it was more correct for the 5.45 Krink, but it sounds like I'm good with the 4-cells. Now if I could just find some original Russian vented handguards at a reasonable price, I'd be set.
:twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts