AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find it. Has rib and looks to be Chinese of sorts? No stampings. Has an interesting history attached and would like to figure out where it came from.

IMAG0269.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
Could also be North Korean.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This mag came from Vietnam war.

I forgot I even had this until my recent move. An ex's father ended being saved from this mag jamming up. Can't really tell by the pic but it looks to have been run over by a motorcycle or something. If you load more than 26 rounds the follower gets hung up. He ended up with his m16 jamming, and the enemy ak jammed up cause of mag, and then a hand to hand fight ensued. He ended up winning the fight and killed the NVA solider. He was a 18 year old draftee at the time. He ended up taking a grenade blast to his back during the same fight. He is one lucky sob cause if the mag didn't jam I'm sure he would of been another KIA.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Thanks for sharing...very interesting history behind that mag. Nice that he saved it all these years and presented it to you...very cool keepsake!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

I forgot I even had this until my recent move. An ex's father ended being saved from this mag jamming up. Can't really tell by the pic but it looks to have been run over by a motorcycle or something. If you load more than 26 rounds the follower gets hung up. He ended up with his m16 jamming, and the enemy ak jammed up cause of mag, and then a hand to hand fight ensued. He ended up winning the fight and killed the NVA solider. He was a 18 year old draftee at the time. He ended up taking a grenade blast to his back during the same fight. He is one lucky sob cause if the mag didn't jam I'm sure he would of been another KIA.
Probably run over by a heavily loaded supply bicycle coming south. Communist Vietnamese used a lot of bicycles on the Ho Chi Minh trail bring loads of over 300 pounds per bike load with the porter walking beside it.

·
Registered
862 Posts

There are quite a few pics showing these in Vietnam. These and the Chinese Spineless can easily be found in pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts