AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on who made this mag? It hass 1-1 on the bottom but other then that no markings. Looks like a 20rd mag of some type.Thanks

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Showoff!

Come on, you know that's for a Vintorez VSS. Killing me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveM, Thanks, its not mine, getting it IDed for a friend. Was I wrong, I just thought it was a high speed 20rd 5.45 mag. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Cool photo of the magazine, Dan. Here's the rifle:

The VSS (Russian: Винтовка Снайперская Специальная, Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya), "Special Sniper Rifle", also named Vintorez (Thread Cutter), is a suppressed sniper rifle manufactured by Tula Arms Plant. It is in use by various military and otherwise militant organizations, especially those of former Soviet states.

The VSS Vintorez was designed by TsNIITochMash as a suppressed, flashless sniper rifle. It uses a heavy subsonic 9x39mm cartridge in combination with its integral sound suppressor. The heavy bullet is very effective at penetrating body armor even with its subsonic speed. Its effective range is 400 meters.[1] The VSS is normally used in semi-automatic, but it is capable of automatic fire.

Since the VSS is meant for use in discreet operations, it can be broken down into three parts to be carried in a special 450 x 370 x 140 mm (17.7 x 14.5 x 5.5 inch) briefcase. The briefcase also has space for a PSO-1 scope, a NSPU-3 night vision device, and two magazines.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
copenhagen said:
SteveM, Thanks, its not mine, getting it IDed for a friend. Was I wrong, I just thought it was a high speed 20rd 5.45 mag. Thanks again.
I presume your friend just picked that up in Georgia. :cool:

I wonder if that scope is calibrated for the 9x39 drop?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Re: BCC Magazines

lincolnshire said:
Does anybody know where to buy these magazines?

Thanks
Izhmailevsky park in Moscow. Buy a 9000 dollar business class ticket, then go down to the park. Enter the kiosk area, walk down the path to the T, head left until you are in the militaria section which is about 50 feet. VSS and RPK-74 magazines of all sorts are plentiful. Also lots of other various mags, but the high dollar ones are there in decent numbers. You really can find any magazine you want there. Buy the magazine for whatever price you settle on. Then TRY to get past russian customs with one. Then get through US customs. So much nice stuff, so little you can bring home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It´s a shame... I lived in Moscow for 2 years but never thought about buying until now ;-)

And from Spain it's only 450 € for flight ticket :)

Anyway I don't understand so many problems with russian laws...it's just a magazine...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Any of you guys see the front page of the Wall Street Journal today? It was a pic of a Russian soldier holding a VSS with two blindfolded Georgian prisoners riding on an APC.

·
Registered
42 Posts
COPE said:
Any of you guys see the front page of the Wall Street Journal today? It was a pic of a Russian soldier holding a VSS with two blindfolded Georgian prisoners riding on an APC.
That picture was all over the place on news channels when they talked about prisoner exchanges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts