AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, Howdy !

So, I sold this Maadi a few weeks ago, when the gentleman received it I was notified that the numbers didnt match. the top cover, bolt and bolt carrier all say 1984 and the trunnion and birth certificate say 1948. Is it possible the Egyptian guy stamping the gun messed up?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the serial number is the year it was made? The date on the birth certificate is May 1994. Is that the year it was imported and not made?

Chris

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
those numbers that is on the trunion, is not a year, but the serial number, the last 4 digits of the SN are stamped on the parts. The year, last 2 digits, which is when it was made, are in the Egyptian head dress that is on the left side of the rear sight block.

On my RPM, the serial number is C.T. 004XX, the last 4 digits, 04xx, is stamped on the parts. the year, on mine is 94, is stamped on the inside of the head dress.

It's by just pure coincidence that your SN appears to be a year. It could very well be that whoever stamped those parts, back in Egypt, has dyslexia and transposed the last 2 digits of the SN on the parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts