AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't respond to your question concerning the Maadi front sight bases posted in the Want to Sell - AK Rifles
Forum before it got locked down. I purchased 4 Maadi ARM's all from the same store in 2004. Serials are below.
The two in the middle both had rounded holes in the FSB (consecutive serial numbers btw). The other 2 had the
square type holes.
FWIW

005161X
005111X
005111X
005066X

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Thanks for the reply Fred, there's always something coming along that goes against the norm. Sweet rifles btw, I've seen that picture before.

Anyone care to speculate where the Egyptians got the round hole fsb from? Could they have used East German or maybe Romanian fsb's or did they make one like that?

Here's a picture if anyone hasn't seen it.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
They would've certainly had a ton of East German parts to use. As with any factory, they may have decided to delve into stockpiled old parts when supplies ran a little low. I would guess back then it wouldn't have mattered as no one was paying that kind of attention to these rifles.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Makes sense, thanks rayman. So is that definately an EG fsb?

Hey Fred, just for shits and giggles, does that fsb have ligtening cuts made in the front or back? or is it smooth?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Definitely not an EG FSB. It's a Maadi original. They patterned their first domestic ones off of 1970 Tula.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Not quite a Tula FSB if you look closely at the shape of the oval. Too round. And doesn't look quite the style of the typical Maadi FSB.

Would be great to see a couple different views of the FSB. Particulary from the front and back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front and the back look about the same as FSB with square type hole. I'll get couple more pics up this evening.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys and the pics Fred. I won't be scratching my head so hard if I ever see one for sale. Might have to pic up one of those Maadi fsb's in case one of these cast squared hole ones ever break on me.

Hey Fred, could you edit the title of this post to something like: Maadi round fsb. It will help with future searches. Thanks, Razz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts