AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys I got a bunch of parts in a box a long time ago, just wondering if the Gas block and front sight are worth any more than standard Romy or Bulgy parts on the market today ??? I put them aside fora build, but I can use other parts if these are not work putting on a franken build ??

the barrel stub was for a 19mm trunion, its about 9 +/- inches long and the last inch or so has been turned down and drilled for a gas hole ??

I know these parts came off a Maadi MISR 90, I thought I read they were just MAK 90 parts or where they, but aren't they still Chinese ??

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
You are correct, the MISR 90 was a hybrid using an Egyptian receiver and Norinco MAK-90 parts, so of course, they are still Chinese.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, worth any more than standard Romy or Bulgy parts ??????

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Actually yes. Even the front sight without the cleaning rod holder is going for $40 on Apex, currently one of the few companies that even lists them. Unfortunately the fire control group is worthless due to 922(r) and people removing them to install Tapco parts, leaving them as about the only parts from China that don't command a premium.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
last question......is the Chinese gas block at 15 mm is worth more or less than a 14 mm Romy one ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts