AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any parts hit the US to make a clone? Stocks, handguards, pistol grips, topcovers,,,,or even parts kits! I am wanting one!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry, the ship for RK95 clone parts sailed around 15 years ago. And there's about zero chance that any kits will ever make it to these shores in the future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean,,,did some parts make it here prior to 15 years ago? And whose m92/s is vickers T shooting on youtube?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Vickers is shooting an M92S which was likely imported as a military sample. 20 years ago or so, after Valmet (guns) went out of business and Sako ceased M92S/RK95 production, a US importer brought in many individual parts that had been discovered in a warehouse in Finland. Those parts don't trade hands too often anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having this built by a manufacturer. I have secured a real RK95 magazine that will go with it. This is a picture of it as of Monday this week. It is now off to be cerakoted. It is not a 100% copy, but very close, with milled receiver. He told me that test firing shows it to be accurate and pleasant to shoot.

I will take professional high quality photos, as well as talk the parts sourcing and build discussions we had in my reveal post. Essentially, this is a "one-off" that was built custom. It could be replicated however based on the path we have forged here.

I think many of you will be surprised as to what I had to do (and accept) to get parts that are a close proximity to the original.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks amazing, and I have an idea on what you had to do...but why not the stock too? Can wait to get all the details! I am in for sure.

·
Registered
434 Posts
@PeterPaul I'm digging that build. I have a Galil SAR in the works and it looks very similar, albeit, I like the handguards better on your build. Did you repurpose a Galil receiver or build a one-off? I have a few sets of Galil receiver sections so I might toy with this idea as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought the stocks looked flimsy. I could be wrong however. I can source one, though. I'll post the details of how/whom to contact here within a week or so.
@PeterPaul I'm digging that build. I have a Galil SAR in the works and it looks very similar, albeit, I like the handguards better on your build. Did you repurpose a Galil receiver or build a one-off? I have a few sets of Galil receiver sections so I might toy with this idea as well.
This is basically an excellent copy of an actual RK95 clam shell handguard. The receiver is a highly modified galil receiver to mimic a SAKO receiver. The builder is a highly skilled gunsmith and machinist. I'll be doing a reveal soon.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Interested to see the final build reveal as well as a list of what all had to be done. Great project, glad people are still undertaking projects like this!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stock feels solid..and they can be used with the galil folding mech (while the custom folding mech is being machined)!

·
Registered
202 Posts
What m92/s rk95 parts did make it in?
In the past 20-odd years, I have personally seen or heard of EVERY part (mix of civilian vs. military*) EXCEPT for the OG barrel. But after the '94 AWB expired, virgin in-the-white 7.62x39 Valmet M62 barrels were imported for a short time, and those barrels are almost identical to the M92S except minor tapering and FH threading.

*For example:
civilian muzzle brake vs. military issue
civilian selector lever vs. military issue
civilian scope mounts vs. military issue
civilian night sights vs. military issue
fixed stock vs. folding
Rk.93 (5.56 export version) parts vs. Rk.95/M92S (7.62x39) parts
Etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can I borrow the stock for a minute, so I can have my machinist make some copies of the folding mechanism?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts