AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just grabbed another M92 pistol from KVAR a couple days ago. This will be the 2nd one of the M92 pistols I’ve gone the form 1 SBR route with. I still have my form 4 prebuilt Yugoslavian M92 underfolder purchased a long time ago. The early Zastava pistols that were imported back in 2011-2012 unfortunately had their serial numbers right where you open up the receivers for the underfolder trunnion so I had to use side folders on #1 and 2. I sold both of them.

This new Zastava M92 is the 1.5mm bulged front trunnion version with the rear hole already drilled and plugged with a rubber cap for a variety of SBR options.

Anybody here SBRed one of these yet and if so, which stock did you use? I always wanted the bulged front trunnion version so I jumped on it. Here’s a link to the model
M92 Pistol
I be grateful to get some input on which stock anyone has gone with and why....
The 2 pistols had the CNC WARRIOR left folding stock and one had the brace on them. I’d go the underfolder route with this one only the builders are swamped with projects....some with a year wait backlog. Any ideas would be appreciated. If you know a reputable builder with quick turnaround time that would be great too. The pistol is marked Zastava, Serbia front left and the serial number is front right. The importing information is on the rear right and I’m not sure you can destroy that with an unfolding stock...
I’m going to call Zastava USA and ask them what they know is legal on this version.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wish I had bought another one also for $895. Can't help with the SBR but wanted to show you what mine looks like with the SB folder. I'm using a Stormworks adapter and a picatinny riser, offset to increase cheek weld height for the red dot. Works perfect.
IMG_20210221_142109.jpg
IMG_20210221_142130.jpg
IMG_20210221_142158.jpg

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wish I had bought another one also for $895. Can't help with the SBR but wanted to show you what mine looks like with the SB folder. I'm using a Stormworks adapter and a picatinny riser, offset to increase cheek weld height for the red dot. Works perfect.
View attachment 306428 View attachment 306429 View attachment 306430
I got mine on sale for $859 a couple days ago....big deal $35 less.
My main concern is can I install a underfolder over the Importer information. Zastava USA Des Plaines , IL on the right rear? On a form 1 I would become the manufacturer with my trust name engraved on the bottom in front of the magwell. That’s the information I’m looking for. The old M92 kits reach $2000 by the time your all done. I may have to go the CNC Warrior left folding stock on this one, but for under $1200 it’s hard to beat. I’ve already got a CNC Warrior 4 piece booster, tons of Yugoslavian surplus magazines and found another Yugoslavian pouch the other day.

Let me ask you if the detent kit came with this pistol or is there just the hole for the detent under there after you grind off the spot weld that holds on the muzzle thread protector? I’m putting this one together especially for my grandson. The M92 is always what he likes to shoot when he comes for a visit. My wife enjoys the Krinkovs as well. What length brace is that? 8 or 9”? My 2 had 8”. One CNC stock and a Chris Bonesteel brace on the first one. Both left folding. They were sturdy enough, but not very authentic looking. I’ve got a SLR-107 UR SBR as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. What I really need to find out is can I install over the importer information on the rear right side?
I called Zastava USA to clarify, but got kind of a “iffy” answer.
With a form 1, I become the manufacturer and my trust information would go on the lower receiver in front of the magwell. Back when the M92 first came into the country they put the serial number right where the underfolder would mount and that was a no-go. They moved the S/N to the front due to all the complaints.
Now the only thing in the way is the importer information. They put so much engraving on firearms these days including safety warnings it’s hard to mount much of anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got mine on sale for $859 a couple days ago....big deal $35 less.
My main concern is can I install a underfolder over the Importer information. Zastava USA Des Plaines , IL on the right rear? On a form 1 I would become the manufacturer with my trust name engraved on the bottom in front of the magwell. That’s the information I’m looking for. The old M92 kits reach $2000 by the time your all done. I may have to go the CNC Warrior left folding stock on this one, but for under $1200 it’s hard to beat. I’ve already got a CNC Warrior 4 piece booster, tons of Yugoslavian surplus magazines and found another Yugoslavian pouch the other day.

Let me ask you if the detent kit came with this pistol or is there just the hole for the detent under there after you grind off the spot weld that holds on the muzzle thread protector? I’m putting this one together especially for my grandson. The M92 is always what he likes to shoot when he comes for a visit. My wife enjoys the Krinkovs as well. What length brace is that? 8 or 9”? My 2 had 8”. One CNC stock and a Chris Bonesteel brace on the first one. Both left folding. They were sturdy enough, but not very authentic looking. I’ve got a SLR-107 UR SBR as well.
Thanks
Hello, the price I was talking about was shipped. It's from K-Var as I get their notifications also. So far I have bought 3 MPAP pistols, all with the black wood and all 3 came with the muzzle device retaining pin. The ones with booster are not tack welded but the one like you bought will be. Cut the weld and screw off thread protector.

The folding section on the brace is exactly 9". The Definitive Arms Fighter brake is fantastic. I would rate it as good or better than the much more expensive Lantec Dragon I have. I'm using the Stormwerks picatinny stock adapter also.

I really enjoy shooting my MPAP's they are very accurate and easily shootable. At 50-60 yards I can consistently his my 12" steel plate off hand, that's with the pistol as shown above. The triggers are nice and consistent, right around 4lb 4oz with my Lyman gauge. The hammers are nice and rounded for a very smooth, non-catchy bolt.

Once I had an underfolder but it was uncomfortable for me to shoot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. What I really need to find out is can I install over the importer information on the rear right side?
I called Zastava USA to clarify, but got kind of a “iffy” answer.
With a form 1, I become the manufacturer and my trust information would go on the lower receiver in front of the magwell. Back when the M92 first came into the country they put the serial number right where the underfolder would mount and that was a no-go. They moved the S/N to the front due to all the complaints.
Now the only thing in the way is the importer information. They put so much engraving on firearms these days including safety warnings it’s hard to mount much of anything.
If you are filing a Form 1, you are the Maker of the SBR. Zastava is still the manufacturer.

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
This will be my 2nd M92 pistol. My original M92 under folder came as a SBR on a form 4. I cut the weld on the first pistback in 11 or 12 with my dremel that took 30 seconds and some cold blue to hide any trace of tack weld.
I had to get the detent kit separately. I just ordered a kit just in case for $14 from ak builder. My M92 should be here by the end of the month and I can start the form 1 the same day.

Did the detent pin come installed under the welded on thread protector or was it in a bag in the box? Hard to tell from the photos if the detent is there or not?

I need a definitive answer on cutting through the importer engraving.

I like my original M92 under folder SBR and have one of the slip on Russian rubber recoil pads which adds comfort. I used one on my M70 AB2 as well. Makes a huge difference in comfort.

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are filing a Form 1, you are the Maker of the SBR. Zastava is still the manufacturer.
Zastava, Serbia is the manufacturer and that’s engraved front left. The serial number is front right or maybe visa versus? I don’t have the photos with me so I can’t remember which is where...
The importer information is rear left right where the big hole for the under folder trunnion goes. That’s what I was trying to clarify if it’s okay to infiltrate that area legally by cutting through the importer engraving?

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello, the price I was talking about was shipped. It's from K-Var as I get their notifications also. So far I have bought 3 MPAP pistols, all with the black wood and all 3 came with the muzzle device retaining pin. The ones with booster are not tack welded but the one like you bought will be. Cut the weld and screw off thread protector.

The folding section on the brace is exactly 9". The Definitive Arms Fighter brake is fantastic. I would rate it as good or better than the much more expensive Lantec Dragon I have. I'm using the Stormwerks picatinny stock adapter also.

I really enjoy shooting my MPAP's they are very accurate and easily shootable. At 50-60 yards I can consistently his my 12" steel plate off hand, that's with the pistol as shown above. The triggers are nice and consistent, right around 4lb 4oz with my Lyman gauge. The hammers are nice and rounded for a very smooth, non-catchy bolt.

Once I had an underfolder but it was uncomfortable for me to shoot.
That’s the same price I paid with 2nd Day FedEx to my FFL/SOT.

Was the detent still installed under thespot welded thread protector ring or was it loose in the box???? Doesn’t really matter as I just ordered a detent kit if it’s not included.

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a VZ-58 side folder? It has one retaining screw to hold it in place. View attachment 306467 View attachment 306468
I see them available in Europe for 27 pounds approximately. Do you have any photos of the VZ folder on a M92? I couldn’t google anything. The new pistol has the hole pre drilled in the rear plate. I do know it’s exactly where the CNC warrior folder mounts as Zastava USA and CNC warrior collaborated on the location. The VZ58 is a good option depending on how it lines up with the pre drilled hole on the latest M92 pistols. If you have a photo please send it to me or post it.

thanks

Greg

·
Registered
432 Posts
As the owner of 2 M92 SBRs, I just wish someone would make a fixed stock rear trunnion that fit these receivers properly. Turbothis was gonna make me a couple, he's done it before, but other jobs took priority and it never happened. Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As the owner of 2 M92 SBRs, I just wish someone would make a fixed stock rear trunnion that fit these receivers properly. Turbothis was gonna make me a couple, he's done it before, but other jobs took priority and it never happened. Kinda sucks.
I’d love to see a photo of your fixed stock M92 please..
I’ve always loved the Yugo AKs and have owned quite a few so far including M64, both M70 versions, an RPK and a few Krinks....you’re right that there’s not much available for the M92s! You can’t get into a Krinkov style AK for any less than the 92’s or 85’s! I’ve enjoyed all my Yugoslavian AKs! They’ve never broke, are fairly accurate and don’t cost a lot.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I see them available in Europe for 27 pounds approximately. Do you have any photos of the VZ folder on a M92? I couldn’t google anything. The new pistol has the hole pre drilled in the rear plate. I do know it’s exactly where the CNC warrior folder mounts as Zastava USA and CNC warrior collaborated on the location. The VZ58 is a good option depending on how it lines up with the pre drilled hole on the latest M92 pistols. If you have a photo please send it to me or post it.

thanks

Greg
Found a couple more pics on line.

This pic was the original motivation for my Draco project, but I never followed thru with it. I bought the VZ folding stock, but ended up getting one of the JMAC repro AIMR stocks to do a clone.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I’d love to see a photo of your fixed stock M92 please..
I’ve always loved the Yugo AKs and have owned quite a few so far including M64, both M70 versions, an RPK and a few Krinks....you’re right that there’s not much available for the M92s! You can’t get into a Krinkov style AK for any less than the 92’s or 85’s! I’ve enjoyed all my Yugoslavian AKs! They’ve never broke, are fairly accurate and don’t cost a lot.
That's the problem, I don't have one! lol. Planned on running a Tabuk stock from ironwood, but never got the chance. I have one with an Ace folder and one with a SLR Rifleworks folder. No fixed stock for me.

BTW, the new 1.5mm receiver M92s... What's their rear trunnion like?

·
Registered
26 Posts
That’s the same price I paid with 2nd Day FedEx to my FFL/SOT.

Was the detent still installed under thespot welded thread protector ring or was it loose in the box???? Doesn’t really matter as I just ordered a detent kit if it’s not included.
Here are two photos of the two I'm using. One came with the booster and didn't have the spot weld. Both came with the detent installed as shown.

IMG_20210223_123157.jpg

IMG_20210223_123208.jpg

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are two photos of the two I'm using. One came with the booster and didn't have the spot weld. Both came with the detent installed as shown.

View attachment 306499

View attachment 306500
I talked to Zastava USA and they verified the M92 comes with the detent hardware. They also said the pre drilled hole in the rear will line up with an assortment of side folding stocks from different manufacturers. They wouldn’t say one way or another if it’s legal to mount the underfolder stock due to their importer engraving being on the rear. I called the ATF and they couldn’t answer my question either. I’m going to C&S Metall Werkes in St Louis Saturday and will ask them as they specialize in SBR AK’s.

thanks for the photos

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found a couple more pics on line.

View attachment 306496

This pic was the original motivation for my Draco project, but I never followed thru with it. I bought the VZ folding stock, but ended up getting one of the JMAC repro AIMR stocks to do a clone.
View attachment 306497
I haven’t found any of these stocks online except one in Europe. Do you know a source for them currently?

·
Registered
Krinkov
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a pic of an M92 with a VZ-58 stock
View attachment 306487
That’s one of the original M92’s and I would think the owner marked his hole and drilled. The M92 I purchased has a hole predrilled from Zastava. I wonder if the VZ-58 lines up with the factory hole. I’d certainly wouldn’t want to have to drill a second hole as that would bother me like I couldn’t measure correctly the first time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts