AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build my M92 kit as a 7.62x39 pistol untill I get the funds and the paperwork to SBR it. I have an NDS m92 receiver and it has the holes for the underfolder in it. If I use a virgin rear trunnion with no holes for the stock, would it still be a legitimate pistol? I don't think I have ever seen anyone do this before, and was wondering if there was a reason for it. The receiver has never been a rifle, and there is way to install a stock without major work. I will write a letter to ATF to make sure it's ok, but wanted to get the forums take on my idea.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
seems, giving your situation. i would buy a barrel extension and install until you decided to get your stamp. i guess it would be legal to build with a virgin trunnion but would look like hell.

· Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If ugly is the only problem, then I have the fix for it! Every time I hold it up to my face ,it will look beautiful! The fake can costs money, and then I need to spend cash to comply with 922. Plus the welding and un- welding of the barrel device. When I mocked it up it looks more odd than ugly.

· Banned
708 Posts
I"d run it. Plus, you already have the template for final fitting of the stock once you get your stamp. go for it.

· Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jonpo said:
Did you do the selector marks yourself?
I am guilty of those marks. I had big plans to set up a jig to press them in straight and in the proper locations, but then a bunch of bad stuff happened in my life. Long story made short, I ended up pressing them in free hand and going to town with the dremil. I was in desperate need of build therapy to pull me out of a deep funk. They are not the greatest, but the next one will be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.