AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in MI we cannot have SBRs and in certain instances we cannot have folding stocks. I would like to get an M92. The M92 would not be able to have the folding stock.

So I was wondering if this is the best way to go. I will buy an M92 demilled kit with underfolder. Instead of using an underfolder receiver I will get a standard receiver flat so that I can install a fixed stock rear. I can then install any type of stamped fixed stock. Problem 1 solved. Now I would have to remove the muzzle device and replace it with a fake suppressor. That would solve Problem 2. What are the threads under the cone muzzle device? 14 or 24?? I might be able to recover a few bucks selling the underfolder.

I think it might be easier than getting an M92 pistol and trying to swap out the receiver.

What do you think?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yugo M92 thread is 26mmX1.5 LH, yeah you definitely could recoup some funds by selling the u/f assembly and original muzzle device. I have never seen a fixed stock m92, i think it would be interesting.

I would go with a demiled kit instead of a built pistol, only thing is m92 kits are hard to find, at a reasonable price anyway.

goodluck, post pics! :grin:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking about $800 for a kit. $100 for a flat, $100 for a fake can, $400-500 to have it built. $1500 total which appears to about the going rate for an M92 non-pistol. Dang State of MI. Worst economy and no SBRs

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Move to IN. Best economy in the region for past few years, number one in international investments in 2007 in the US. We vote Republican every election. Lifetime carry permit is about $100.

PanzerSlayer said:
I'm thinking about $800 for a kit. $100 for a flat, $100 for a fake can, $400-500 to have it built. $1500 total which appears to about the going rate for an M92 non-pistol. Dang State of MI. Worst economy and no SBRs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts