AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this idea for a while, so I finally got the parts and made a bayonet to fit AK's with Bulgarian birdcages. Since FSB's with lugs and 24mm threads are scarce and no manufactured bayonet will fit ...
I got the blade and guard off of Ebay for $35 and the handle parts for $5 at the hardware store. I had to cut up a Bulgarian bayonet to get the locking device but what the hell, I like it. I can always use the rest of the Bulgarian bayonet to make a spearhead, LOL ...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wow, that's creative and very well done...

I prefer the AK bayonet to the M9, though, because the M9 is far to heavy.

Nice work, anyway. NIce rifle, too.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
nice work man...dig the paracord!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Mmmmmmm,...Arsenal :bigwow:

nice work on the bayonet,...i wonder if it could count as a US part?

none of my other rifles are like this,..but my Bulgy AKS-74 kit i built has the lug on the front sight and on the gas block,. so i can use a bayonet with any muzzel device,..i dont know why it came like this,...i just wish i had more bayonets

here is a picture of what im talking about:

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ideal thing would be to change out the FSB to one with a lug but they are hard to find and everytime I see one I don't have the cash at that moment ... :neutral:
This was just an idea I had and I wanted to see if it would work, it's definitely solid. Now that I know how to do it, I'll make one for Montana Vet's AK with the regular size flash hider ... :razz:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well done! :smile: :smile: :hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts