AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I finally had a chance to get out to the outdoor range to test this gun out. I brought 40 rounds of ZQ1 ammo to sight it in. That ammo is the white box ammo at WM for $17. It turns out, even though made in Turkey, is really good, Nato-quality stuff. Anyway, I couldn't find my front sight adjustment tool before we left, so I figured I would just shoot it now to make sure it worked, and after I get a mount and a scope, I'll fine tune iron and scope then.

The first 10 rounds I just blasted towards the paper target at 50 yds, no rest. No jams, etc, with brass ejecting 45 degrees to the far right. So far, so good. In the next session, I just aimed at the 100 yd plate, this time on a rest. Ping-Ping-Ping-Ping (shot the plate off it's hook), switched to next plate, Ping-Ping-Ping-Ping-Ping-Ping. After shot 5 I was laughing.

#1. I am not an expert shot. #2. It's the first time I shot the rifle. #3. It's the first time I shot a 308.

Recommended!

Attachments

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
The M77's are nice AK type rifles in .308. And the recent prices are a super deal. IMHO. I like mine a lot.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
What mount fits the rail? I have an early M90/77 that I have had no luck finding a scope/mount for.
Are you looking for the Mitchell M77 mount or a mount for the new imports? They are different.

Discussion on the new rails and some mounts>>

Yugo M77 Optics - The AK Files Forums

And an optional, fairly simple mod of the rail to allow a SVD or other mount to move more forward for proper eye relief>

Zastava M77 scope rail mod for the AK mount. - The AK Files Forums

1 - 6 of 6 Posts