AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple quick and some dumb questions regarding a M76 build.
I spend most of my time on a different forum so apologize if it easy to find these answers here and I am just dumb. I know you guys know the answers here and then some so I thought I'd ask...

1. Got a 80% receiver from Tortort and wondering if it "should" be heat treated like AK flats?

2. (Dumb question) do milled reciver have center supports? (Sorry)

3. Know these have an adjustable gas block, but what is the port size in the barrel and is it 90 degree/perpendicular? (Like to keep things as original as I legally can and I have no barrel stubs)

4. Is the front sight/muzzle break designed to be soldered on? (Got the GM barrel which seems to be a slip fit by design)

Anything else that differs from AKs and PSLs that I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
867 Posts
You could have just asked on the other forum ;-)

1. Tortort receivers are heat treated.
2. No center supports
3. I will need to check but I am pretty sure you drill this just the same as an AK angled gas block with a drill. I have a takeoff barrel I can stick some drills down to get an idea of the original size. Though it does not matter to much as it is adjustable.
4. No the are not soldered on but some were not very tight. I have the same issue with a GM barrel I have. You can do some knurling on the journals that do not have enough of an interference fit.

·
Registered
867 Posts
So this is a 9/64 and it was tight the 1/8 slipped in easy. As you can see it is 90 degree so I was wrong there. Also pinned front sight. I would drill it with 7/64 or 1/8 first and bump it up if it is needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You tha man patjsimpson!
That is a pretty dang big gas port. I was kind of suspecting it would be 90 deg so I am definitely glad you answered. My understanding is that the PSL ended up being 90 deg also as the design "improved".
So what's the deal with green mountain barrels... think they just measured a kit that was tight and now they are all a hair bigger? Sounds like they are consistently making them a slip fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts