AK Rifles banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I’d like to say thank you to @JeepFan for reminding me that I should ask before I rant, lol, I appreciate you brother!

I finished up my second build tonight after a 2 day struggle trying to drill a 45 GP on this GM HB. Maybe it was my drill bits, maybe the barrel coating, but I ended up pulling the GB and drilling a 90 GP.

A note on the Tortort receiver, and a warning for those inexperienced builders such as myself…I thought I had a few issues with it, but turned out the only real problem was they forgot the last rear hole for the trigger guard rivet, not a biggie and easily done. However, I allowed this to influence my thinking and jade me on two other issues: 1) the bolt was getting stuck all the way back 2) the first magazines I tried were all surplus Yugo 30 BHOs and didn’t fit. I mistakenly assumed this was due to poor QA on the Tortort, when in fact the bolt was jumping the rails due to a weak recoil spring and every other magazine I eventually tried worked. So lesson learned is, when you’re short on experience, you need to be long on patience and seek advice. I did speak with Tortort and their customer service is phenomenal…I’ll be a repeat customer for sure!

So without further ado, here she is:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts