AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve go an AK builder nitrided yugo barrel half pressed in on my m72 kit and it will not go any further. My thought was to press it back out and polish the end of the barrel but it’s not coming back out either. Anyone ever come across this issue on a build. And if so what was the remedy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Next time lightly lube the barrel end of the that goes into the trunnion with a case lube like one would use on rifle brass when re-sizing a rifle shell.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Heating up the trunnion around the journal some would expand the trunnion some. Not glowing hot but warming it just enough. A map gas torch would do the trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried both remedies. Thanks for your help guys. But ultimately I drilled out my rivets and pressed it back out. Luckily I had a friend with a second rivet set so back to square one. After some polishing on the journal and barrel end of course

·
Technical Advisor
15,722 Posts
A brake hone from the car parts store and use a drill and hone in the trunnion to polish and remove a small amount of material.

A bit of oil while using the hone.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A brake hone from the car parts store and use a drill and hone in the trunnion to polish and remove a small amount of material.

A bit of oil while using the hone.
I had the same issue this fall and bought a $20 small brake hone from autozone which did the trick - worked fine when pressed a second time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts