AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting one and looking for opinions from guys that have them or are in the know. I have the M92 and it's solid. I have been bit by the yugo bug and want to add one to the collection but don't really want to spend the cash if they are sub par.
Thanks
Trevor

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Yugos are great rifles and are generally considered the top of the line in the AK world. Depending on who built it can be the difference between a decent yugo and a great yugo. What m70 were you looking at?

·
Registered
650 Posts
An M70B1 from Century is a surplus parts AK with US barrel, unlike the PAP AKs and pistols with original barrels and parts built at the Serbian factory. The PAP rifles will have US 922r parts, so there can be some iffy builds when converted. The M70B1 would need to be looked over to make sure its not built completely screwed up IMO. Other vendors may offer better builds then Century when it comes to the M70B1, but I don't remember seeing anyone else offering them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was originally looking at one at Atlantic Firearms but see classic firearms has the same for $499.00. Never really cared for the yugos but now have the itch and would be my last ak. I like all the little features of some of the yugos, like a swiss army knife of an ak. I have a Polish ak which came perfect, 2 Norinco mak 90s which both have canted sights I fixed and my M92 which is ever so slightly canted, I am now accustomed to fixing the canted sights or gasblocks.

thanks for the replies

Trevor

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Both rifles are century built rifles. I wouldn't expect any matching numbers or perfection from a century rifle. But century rifles do run and would be fine for a shooter if that's what your after. Bulged trunnion, 1.5 receiver, and all the other typical yugo features of a yugo rifle are there. Keep in mind that yugo rifles are heavier than typical AKs.

If I didn't already have enough yugos and was looking for a shooter then I'd buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts